Author Topic: Next for MSFS  (Read 10617 times)

RichW

Re: Next for MSFS
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 05:26:15 pm »
Would love to see KIAH. I hate having cars and trucks driving across taxiway SC when I'm taxiing on it to RWY9 ;-)

If you mean default MSFS 2020 car traffic running over, no airport add-on is currently able to fix these, since there's no SDK or documentation available that explains how to override the default road vector data.

Too bad about the car traffic but I'm still looking forward to KIAH. Its one of my favorites.

DarkRider2k3

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2021, 04:41:12 am »
This brings up an interesting question best suited for this topic instead of making another post:

Virtuali, since you mentioned the wait on LAX because of major upgrades, are you at all concerned with the renovations at KPIT? Considering they are redoing the airside terminal and adding a lot of various stuff around the airport itself?

https://www.enr.com/articles/51150-pittsburgh-international-airport-ready-to-restart-1b-terminal-modernization

they've already restarted the project and actually just announced plans for a 80k square foot cargo facility.

pingponggame

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2021, 03:27:48 am »
I would also like to second the inquiry regarding KPIT.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2021, 10:46:02 am »
We haven't decided anything about KPIT. It would be after KCLT, KIAH and PHNL anyway so, it's not coming tomorrow.

Drumcode

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2021, 06:00:37 am »
I'm going to revive this thread and ask about GSX. Umberto, I know it'll be ready when it'll be ready, not really asking for specifics, just curious if the target is 2021 or next year? Please save us from what's in the default sim, the entire simulation world will be forever grateful, trust me. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2021, 11:06:28 am »
We never announced any release date for GSX, and we are continuing to work on it, since there are a lot of modeling and animations that needs to be redone ( so object won't look out of place in the MSFS world, and won't look "ported" from P3D ), while we are waiting for some required addition to the SDK which we asked long ago, and are still missing.

flySWISS

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2021, 01:15:11 am »
KCLT will be next, followed by KIAH.

KCLT will be updated too, with a new terminal and a new control tower. We *might* ( not sure yet ), offer it with a double P3D/MSFS shared license, like LSFB

KIAH will be updated too, with a new piece of terminal.

GREAT... and what about our SWISS Airports for MSFS2020???

1. Samedan (LSZS) is reputed to be very challenging. The last part of the approach must be flown visually.

2. Sion (LSGS), as you should know is the other very challenging airport of Switzerland. Sion has an IFR procedure that is an IGS (or a GNSS) with a roughly 6 degrees glide path into a rather narrow valley. The procedure starts at 17000 feet high over our magnificent swiss mountains! The missed approach is also challenging, especially if an engine is lost… I do fly LSGS almost everyday on P3Dv5. Missing it on MSFS2020.:-)

3.Geneva (LSGG) for MSFS2020!!! Why not??? I would buy all of them straight away when available!

4. Unfortunately, I have not heard much about GSX Ground Services coming to MSFS2020, but I am pretty sure that it will of course be ported to MSFS2020. It would be just unrealistic to assume otherwise, since it’s YOUR best selling product so far and I will need it especially when PMDG airplanes will start to arrive. Yes I know that it’s not possible to have GSX right NOW, because there’s not enough functionality in Simconnect I guess, to allow something like GSX ground Services. But I am sure, the way GSX has been programmed, once SIMCONNECT will be ready, it will be reasonably very quick to have the full GSX working with it because GSX itself, is a program written in Python, which runs outside the Simulator under your custom Python interpreter called "Couatl" engine. And... the guys @ Asobo should be aware of it...I hope!

And yes Sir, actually I am running quit a lot this guy right here called FBW-A32NX (developer Edition) on MSFS2020, but FSX:SE and P3Dv5 with all my PMDG aircrafts with a bunch of add-ons still can be found everytime on my M2.NVME drives. Sir, as you can see, that doesn’t mean the other SIM will die. And believe me, NOTHING really dies on this WORLD.

Regards from (LSZH) Switzerland
MSFS2020 Premium Deluxe (Steam) - CPU Ryzen 9/ 5950X - 128 GB DDR4-3600 HyperX Predator RGB - ASUS X570-E Gaming -- ROG Strix RTX 4090 24GB OC -- (2x) 2TB Samsung SSD 980 Pro M.2 NVME - ALIENWARE 34" QD OLED (3440 x 1440, 175 HZ) - Seasonic Prime TX 1000W 80+ Titanium PSU - Tower Fractal Define S2

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2021, 02:31:04 am »
4. Unfortunately, I have not heard much about GSX Ground Services coming to MSFS2020, but I am pretty sure that it will of course be ported to MSFS2020. It would be just unrealistic to assume otherwise, since it’s YOUR best selling product so far and I will need it especially when PMDG airplanes will start to arrive. Yes I know that it’s not possible to have GSX right NOW, because there’s not enough functionality in Simconnect I guess, to allow something like GSX ground Services. But I am sure, the way GSX has been programmed, once SIMCONNECT will be ready, it will be reasonably very quick to have the full GSX working with it because GSX itself, is a program written in Python, which runs outside the Simulator under your custom Python interpreter called "Couatl" engine. And... the guys @ Asobo should be aware of it...I hope!
So you haven't seen this thread?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24067.msg166568.html#msg166568
Captain Kevin

flyer12

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2022, 12:04:57 am »
Are you planning on reworking / updating PHNL

We already announced a complete remake of PHNL a while ago.

Nothing to announce about the other Hawaii airports right now.

I wish you could do Kahului Airport (OGG) and Kona (KOA) That is a train wreck in MSFS :). I had the complete collection in FSX and trying to rebuild lol!!