Author Topic: KORD MSFS 2020 CTD  (Read 5421 times)

Dallen1919

KORD MSFS 2020 CTD
« on: May 17, 2021, 05:05:45 am »
Umberto:
I have been getting a CTD every time I get to final within 3 or 4 miles of final. Tried this with multiple A320Neo liveries into multiple ILS including every direction during the day. First time was after a long flight at night. I did a live  update followed by re-starts. Started at ORD and started at other airports. All CTD after brief pause.
I have flown several other flights with those planes and into numerous other destinations both Dreamteam and non-dreamteam without any issues at all/

Can you suggest some trouble shooting steps? Thanks in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD MSFS 2020 CTD
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 12:56:12 pm »
There's a known problem with MSFS which results in airports crashing with add-on liveries IF the airport includes airline code ( which change the composition of AI landing there ).

The latest version of KORD, which you should have if you ran the FSDT Live Update, doesn't have any airline codes anymore, and this seems to fix all crashes but, we cannot be absolutely sure if a "bad AI" can still cause problems because, it's not as if with no airline code the bad AI cannot come, they might just come at different times.

In any case, the problem it's confirmed to be caused by bad AI ( missing or corrupted textures ), there are some very bad AI liveries sets around, we checked some of them, and within minutes I could find many illegal .DDS, several of them cannot be even opened with an external utility like IRFanView, which crashes too.

So, again, the problem doesn't have anything to do with the airport itself, we can only reduce it a bit by changing or removing airline codes from parking spots, but the real solution is fixing the AIs, which surely we cannot do ourselves.

Also, we notified Asobo about this, they should be able to check, and possibly made the sim less prone to crashing when used with AI with missing/corrupted/illegal textures.

Dallen1919

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 08:17:57 pm »
Umberto!
Thank you for taking time to fully explain what had happened. Even limited understanding of programming allows me to understand what you explained. I must have updated prior to trying to use the scenery earlier. Did an update today and all is loading just fine. Also, thanks for communicating the issue to MSFS 2020 developers. Mark this solved.

Sorry to take you away from GSX 2020 which we are all anxiously awaiting.

Have a great week!

sgerfen

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 04:41:48 pm »
Hi,

Has the update that corrects this problem been pushed to the MSFS store version? My version is 1.2.0, and is says no update is available. Thanks for your help.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 10:03:33 pm »
Has the update that corrects this problem been pushed to the MSFS store version? My version is 1.2.0, and is says no update is available. Thanks for your help.

It's very likely this crash might be fixed by Asobo in the next Sim Update, which is currently in testing and should be out soon.

Since it might take weeks for an update to be approved, it might be possible the update might fix those crashes ( caused by AI planes, NOT by the scenery) before we could send the update to Microsoft, which in some ways would make the scenery less realistic, since without airline codes, planes will part at random, so maybe it might be worth waiting if the next Sim update will fix the crashes.

sidfadc

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 06:25:40 pm »
I've just experienced 2 CTD loading in at KORD, first time trying since SU4.  Are you saying we need to ensure 3rd party liveries are not enabled?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 07:02:07 pm »
I've just experienced 2 CTD loading in at KORD, first time trying since SU4.  Are you saying we need to ensure 3rd party liveries are not enabled?

Disabling 3rd party liveries will be useful to you as a test to verify the scenery it's fine.