Author Topic: Randomly Stairs appear without prime mover and driver  (Read 2193 times)

fokker100-70

Randomly Stairs appear without prime mover and driver
« on: November 16, 2020, 10:52:26 pm »
Hello
Love your product. I am encountering a problem almost everytime. Stairs appear with the front part (prime mover) and driver. See screen shot.

If I restart coutl and rebuild airport cache, then they appear correctly as per second image shown here. However, this restart of coutl does not always resolve the problem and they appear again without cabin (prime mover) and driver. If they are meant to show like this, then they move alone without being towed by a tractor, as if by magic.

Is there a solution to this problem please?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 10:57:49 pm by fokker100-70 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Randomly Stairs appear without prime mover and driver
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:33:25 am »
Why you think this is a problem ?

We just haven't modeled the mover vehicles ( or person, sometimes those stairs can be pushed manually ) for that kind of stair, but we assumed that having an additional stair variation model, even with no driver, is better than no variation at all, never imagined someone could see it as a problem. That kind of stair has been there in GSX since it was released, you are just seeing the better looking PBR version.

fokker100-70

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 08:25:51 pm »
Oh, I'm very sorry I did not realise that it is "by design". Please do accept my apologies.

fokker100-70

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 07:13:34 pm »
Hi again,

Is there a way of disabling these types of stairs (the ones without motor/tug/cabin). I really think it is ridiculous to have these spawn at modern airports. So, it would be great if there could be a way of providing an option to the user to "disable" these type of stairs from being spawned at random.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 09:41:03 pm »
There's no official way to disable these stairs, and we think it would be wrong to have it, because these stairs are proper and modern models used in many airports so no, they are not out of place.

But if you REALLY don't like them, you can edit this file with a text editor:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR\FSDT_Staircase_CDS_2438\SIM.CFG

Locate this line:

condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 1.80 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 3.5 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )

And change the 3.5 to something lower, like 2.5, which will prevent that staircase of appearing on planes with a door's height higher than 2.5 meters from ground.

fokker100-70

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 10:21:22 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

My issue is that even when the ground services are spawned these stairs appear like this. What is worse is that they move on their own (e.g. when requesting "Operate Stairs") without a tug, unlike the GPU which is towed correctly by a tug.

If these are towed to the aircraft by some tug, then this would not bother me in the least.

Thanks for the workaround solution as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 04:42:35 pm »
My issue is that even when the ground services are spawned these stairs appear like this. What is worse is that they move on their own (e.g. when requesting "Operate Stairs") without a tug, unlike the GPU which is towed correctly by a tug.

They have been like this for the past 9 years, since GSX came out. Yes, of course, everything can be improved, but that's not really a bug or a problem of the program, they have just been made like that.