Author Topic: Vancouver airport does not work  (Read 3987 times)

Dutchman

Vancouver airport does not work
« on: May 14, 2021, 02:42:04 am »
Hi,
I just purchased and installed the Vancouver airport for MSFS2000. I thought the install procedure was rather weird, since it did not want me to install in the community folder. In any event, I installed in a new folder as requested and had a look. There were no changes at all visible, the frigging grass is still growing on the taxiways, and I see no new terminals. I looked in the community folder for the link that the install was supposed to have created, but there is nothing there....What's up?

Dutchman

Re: Vancouver airport does not work
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 02:37:31 pm »
I think I may have found the cause of my issue, no thanks to fsdt (which will be remembered when I consider future purchases).
I have MSFS and the addons installed on an external ssd drive. Apparently, to ensure compatibility with both Windows and Mac, by default these drives are formatted  in exFAT (I had never heard of this before). In order to be able to create links, the drive must be formatted NTFS.
Not sure how I will resolve this, as I don't want to reinstall the simulator, but at least I now know what is causing this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 01:29:16 pm »
I think I may have found the cause of my issue, no thanks to fsdt (which will be remembered when I consider future purchases).

I don't know what your are trying to say here: you posted this on at 2:00 AM ( our time ) on Friday, it should be customary to wait AT LEAST 24 *working* hours before complaining about "missing support".

I have MSFS and the addons installed on an external ssd drive. Apparently, to ensure compatibility with both Windows and Mac, by default these drives are formatted  in exFAT (I had never heard of this before). In order to be able to create links, the drive must be formatted NTFS.

I guess we wouldn't been able to help you with this one, since it's the first time we heard of this so, thanks for your report, we'll keep it in mind in cause future customers will report the same problem. We create file junctions, which are in fact the "native" NTFS way to create symbolic links so yes, they require NTFS to work.

Dutchman

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 12:14:19 am »
I resolved this by copying all files to my hard drive, then reformat my ssd drive NTFS. I then copied all the files back to the ssd drive. As I had maintained the same logical drive letter, there was no issue, and it did resolve the issue.