Author Topic: ATC Incorrect Runways CYVR  (Read 2398 times)

JEP795

ATC Incorrect Runways CYVR
« on: February 23, 2021, 12:30:55 am »
Hi,

I experience this issue at several 3rd Party Airports, and one of them happens to be CYVR. I have raised a similar issue with Flightbeam, but wanted to let you all know since I'm having the same issue with Vancouver specifically. It does not happen at all FSDT airports. Not sure if this is MSFS issue at certain airports or if it's something that developers are doing incorrectly. If it's the latter, hopefully it can be fixed and you can communicate it amongst the others so that they can address the issue as well, if not maybe raise the issue with Asobo because it becomes difficult when trying to land with 30kt tailwinds  ;D

When getting ready to land or takeoff, I am usually told to land or takeoff from a runway that is downwind rather than upwind. I realized to the other day that the simulator tells me to taxi to the incorrect runway, but the taxi marker is labeled as the runway you would expect to be taking off from, which leads me to believe there may be an issue where the sim thinks that for example Runway 26L in CYVR is actually Runway 8R. Hence when the wind is coming from the West, many times it tells you to taxi to runway 8R but the taxi indicator is labeling it as 26L. The other day the wind was coming from the east. I would've expected to taxi to Runway 8R or 8L, but was sent to 26L. When taxiing, I realized it was labeling 26L as 8R which makes me believe that the sim has the logic reversed somewhere.

I have not experienced it in the default airports, so that's why I'm attributing it to a bug related with the SDK which inadvertently reverses the numbers. I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean how runway of Runway 26L being labeled 8R which should've been the runway I taxied to based on the wind direction. Maybe this is why it's sending me to the wrong direction.

Thanks,
Jonathan