Author Topic: LiveUpdate Unable to update What is the problem?  (Read 4417 times)

leekuojui

LiveUpdate Unable to update What is the problem?
« on: April 21, 2021, 11:34:09 am »
LiveUpdate Unable to update What is the problem?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 12:15:53 pm by leekuojui »

glycoholic

Re: LiveUpdate Unable to update What is the problem?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 03:44:54 am »
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. It's been going on since last week for me. The live update immediately says completed and doesn't go through the process to update my add-ons.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:23:05 am by glycoholic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 11:11:20 am »
The update works just fine. Be sure you add the whole Addon Manager to the antivirus Exclusions.

glycoholic

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 07:05:03 am »
Hello, thank you for replying. I've added an exception to my anti-virus program as directed but still have the same issue.

Here's what it says when I run P3D v4.5:
The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.
Please run Live Update

Do you want to open log to see error details?
When you say "Yes," it opens Notepad and reads:

couatl v4.0 (build 4475)
panic log started on Thu Apr 22 22:02:41 2021

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 48, in loadAddons
  File "<string>", line 37, in importAndCreateInstance
ImportError: No module named common
{}

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:09:47 am by glycoholic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 08:40:13 am »
Hello, thank you for replying. I've added an exception to my anti-virus program as directed but still have the same issue.

With "same issue", you mean the program not doing anything, like the first screenshot ? If yes, that's clearly the antivirus, no questions about it. The error log is of course the consequence of the first problem: the program wasn't able to update any files.

You can try downloading again the full installer, which contains all latest files.

leekuojui

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 11:45:51 am »
I tried to reinstall on win10 and it was possible to update, but I encountered this problem when installing on win7 and couldn’t install it.

Pluskafon59

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 05:00:10 pm »
LiveUpdate Unable to update!
I tried reinstalling on win10, but encountered a problem installing. Screenshot attached. antivirus exclusions OK

Flic1

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 02:34:26 pm »
Hi - I am also unable to run the updater all of a sudden.  I do have the Addon Mgr excluded in my AV.  In my case it gets stuck at Step 196 of 510.  It seems to be taking forever to get through this step....it is showing that it is updating FSDT Louisville for MSFS but has been on that step for over 10 minutes.  Is it supposed to be this painfully slow??  It did this for MSFS KORD on the last try....

Updated:  The Live update finally completed after about 20 minutes.  It seemed to be hung up on the MSFS products...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 02:46:26 pm by Flic1 »

gibson94

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 06:47:38 pm »
Is it normal that i have to run FSDT Live update each time P3D V 4.5 is loaded,That is my case every day?
Thanks for yours help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 10:50:26 pm »
Updated:  The Live update finally completed after about 20 minutes.  It seemed to be hung up on the MSFS products...

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem,  it goes through all the MSFS updates in like 10 seconds.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 10:58:08 pm »
Is it normal that i have to run FSDT Live update each time P3D V 4.5 is loaded,That is my case every day?

What do you mean, exactly, with "I have to run the FSDT Update" ? Who told you HAVE to do that ? It's not as if the updater starts itself when you start the simulator or something.

Or, maybe, you wanted to say something else, like "I have to launch the update before I start the sim, otherwise product XXXX from FSDT won't work". If this is what you meant, than no, of course, is not normal this to be happening.

But if it does, it's an INDICATION some other add-on is doing something bad to the sim, like setting the wrong compatibility flags ( some add-ons are not entirely compliant with Windows 10, so the set some compatibility settings on the simulator required for THEM to run ).

Our products don't require *any* compatibility setting, since they are 100% fully compliant with the latest Windows versions, so they run with the defaults the simulator is installed with, that is NO compatibility setting of any kind.

The FSDT Live Updater CHECKS for this, and RESTORE the compatibility settings to the Prepar3d.exe executable as they should be ( all default ), so that's why you think you "have" to run it, because some add-on is setting them back wrong each time.

Note that, is also possible that Windows itself is changing some compatibility settings by mistake. Usually when a program crashes, Windows is trying to "help" you run it, by setting some hidden compatibility flags in the registry, which shouldn't be set, because the program crashed for other reasons.

And yes, the FSDT updates also checks for these cases, and fix them all. But fact you need to run it, it's an indication something else is not right.

gibson94

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 09:54:17 am »
Merci pour votre réponse
C’est effectivement la deuxième option qui se produit
Je ne sais pas ce que je dois faire pour résoudre le problème, peut-être une réinstallation de GSX.?
Ma version du soft est 2.82

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 11:45:53 am »
This forum is english only, please use that, for the benefit of all that reads it.

gibson94

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2021, 06:36:42 pm »
I reinstalled FSDT last version and now all is working

Regards