Author Topic: No Audio devices shown  (Read 1987 times)

lchannell

No Audio devices shown
« on: May 04, 2021, 04:51:16 pm »
Hi

I get the following ERROR in GSX with no sound from GSX-Please see attached image

My systems has audio, all working correctly on three different devices.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 05:01:42 pm by lchannell »

lchannell

Re: No Audio devices shown
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 04:54:31 pm »
Further info attached

lchannell

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 05:26:47 pm »
Did a FSDT live update,

Now I have No GSX in the P3d 5.1

It says I am not registered, when I click register, it still states not registered.

Help please, situation seems to be getting worse - not better.

File attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 09:41:31 pm »

First, you haven't said if you have audio now. Not that this has anything to do with registration or activation but, since you jumped from an audio problem to another problem, is not clear if this means the audio works now.

In any case, nothing in the screenshot you posted says anything to do about if you have GSX or not. If with "GSX", you mean the base program. You only posted something telling you don't have the GSX *EXPANSION".

It says I am not registered, when I click register, it still states not registered.

When you click "Register Serial", it surely doesn't say "not registered". It will FIRST ask to insert a serial number and THEN will either say if the registration was successful or not, and surely not with a "not register" message, but with some clear and specific error message.

However, as explained so many times in the forum and the manuals,  you should not post questions about orders and activations on the forum because, of course, my next question would have been something about your key or your order, which we cannot obviously share here.

That's why questions about orders and activation should always be made using the support EMAIL.

lchannell

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 09:04:02 pm »

First, you haven't said if you have audio now. Not that this has anything to do with registration or activation but, since you jumped from an audio problem to another problem, is not clear if this means the audio works now.

Audio was still NOT working.

In any case, nothing in the screenshot you posted says anything to do about if you have GSX or not. If with "GSX", you mean the base program. You only posted something telling you don't have the GSX *EXPANSION".

It was the same for both GSX and the Expansion

When you click "Register Serial", it surely doesn't say "not registered". It will FIRST ask to insert a serial number and THEN will either say if the registration was successful or not, and surely not with a "not register" message, but with some clear and specific error message.

Sorry, it had the serial pre populated (both GSX and the expansion) and when I clicked Register Serial no message was displayed.  Within the application it continued to state 'Not Registered'

However, as explained so many times in the forum and the manuals,  you should not post questions about orders and activations on the forum because, of course, my next question would have been something about your key or your order, which we cannot obviously share here.

That's why questions about orders and activation should always be made using the support EMAIL.

Fair point.  I was not discussing the key, simply stating the application was not doing what it was meant to do.

In the end, I re downloaded and re installed both GSX and GSX expansion.  This resolved the audio and the registration issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 12:34:10 pm »
In the end, I re downloaded and re installed both GSX and GSX expansion.  This resolved the audio and the registration issue.

You said you ran the FSDT Live Update, which is basically the same as reinstalling, the installer downloads the same updater you would start manually and updates exactly the same files from the same server so, all your file would be identical.

The only possible reason I could think they would work any differently, is antivirus interference that, for some reason, blocked the updater to "update itself", so you were stuck with an outdated updater, but when you used the full installer instead, the antivirus might have let it pass and, the latest full installer includes the latest updater too so, even if the antivirus tried to block the updater from "updating itself", it was already updated regardless of any possible antivirus/firewall interference.