Author Topic: Sounds - unable to hear GSX sounds except jetway  (Read 1502 times)

AdmiralNimitz04

Sounds - unable to hear GSX sounds except jetway
« on: May 04, 2021, 10:59:19 am »
Hello.

In GSX, I can only hear the sounds of GSX jetways operating. No vehicle sounds, no marshaller comms, no blips to open doors, no boarding/deboarding sound effects. No matter the audio device I use, this issue is prevelant.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sounds - unable to hear GSX sounds except jetway
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:46:00 pm »
You must select the correct audio device first, then restart select "restart Couatl" and be sure it reports no errors.

If the correct audio device is listed in GSX and it reports no errors, then the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's possible that Windows itself has muted or lowered the volume on its own.

In some cases, Windows itself changes the volume of the application because there's focus on other events like notifications, and this might mislead users GSX has a problem with audio, because Windows has turned it down the volume due to a notification of another app.

AdmiralNimitz04

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 04:35:15 pm »
That seems to all be checked out... I'll double check and report back, however I have attempted the audio resets. Correct audio is in GSX and no errors were reported. I hear the jetway sound loud and clear...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 12:45:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 12:45:35 pm »
I hear the jetway sound loud and clear...

That doesn't tell us anything, because it's the only audio that is not related to GSX ( it's made by SODE ).