Author Topic: GSX failing to recognise Engines have started in FSLabs  (Read 2173 times)

lchannell

GSX failing to recognise Engines have started in FSLabs
« on: April 28, 2021, 06:04:56 pm »
GSX is failing to recognise that the FSlabs engines are BOTH running, when they have both been started.  GSX states Engines not started, which is WRONG.

Forcing GSX to quite via the Abort function leaves the FSlabs NW Steering Disc in place, which in turn mean I cannot steer the aircraft.  GSX has told the FSLabs that the NW steering disk is in place and need the command from GSX to say that it is removed.

I am stuck every time I use GSX.

P3D v5.1
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:56:31 pm by lchannell »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX failing to recognise Engines have started in FSLabs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 10:06:47 pm »
It's not very clear from your message if this is a problem you always had, or you just found out, or if you are new to GSX, or you are new to FS Labs. I'm asking because we surely haven't changed anything in quite a long while the way GSX detects if engines are running, and nobody reported this before.

Also, is not clear from your message how you are using GSX and the FS Labs together. If you are letting the plane controlling GSX, have you tried to see if GSX detects if the engines are started when using GSX manually, without the airplane controlling it ?

Also, if this issue is happening at the end of the pushback, Abort is not your only choice, if for any reason you need to skip the engine started check from GSX, choose "Stop here and complete pushback procedure", which will end the pushback gracefully, better than the Abort, which might have issues with the FS Labs custom bypass system. Will check this but, for the time being, don't Abort.

lchannell

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 01:38:06 pm »
Hi

I have experienced and posted about this before, I resolved it last time by reinstalling GSX and GSX2.  I am hoping that I do not have to do that again.

It has been working for well for many months, but I have installed one airport since (so changes have been made) and ran the FSdt update in order that it is aware of the new airport.

I am using GSX through the CTRL/Shift/F12 dialogue., not through the aircraft interface

It loads passengers correctly

It pushes back correctly

Then leaves me with a dialogue stating that the engines are not started when they have both been started and are running.   FSLabs A320  I even shut the engines down and restarted then a few times. 

The Stop Here and Complete PB function creates the same problem, I have tried this and the Abort function over and over.  Either way I am trapped with an aircraft that cannot be steered on the ground.  Even if I remove the Steering Pin in the aircraft software it is still not working.

Something, somewhere has taken over the steering and because GSX thinks the engines are OFF, that 'flag' appears not to be reset in order to give me back the steering control.

Do you require any further information?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 01:44:49 pm »
The Stop Here and Complete PB function creates the same problem, I have tried this and the Abort function over and over.  Either way I am trapped with an aircraft that cannot be steered on the ground.  Even if I remove the Steering Pin in the aircraft software it is still not working.

While it's possible the Abort function might not work correctly with the FS Labs custom steering, I'm fairly sure "Stop here and complete pushback procedure" will work normally, leaving the plane free to move. You must select it AFTER you see the request to start engines, if GSX for some reason cannot detect they are already on.

lchannell

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 03:16:31 pm »
Very strange, it completes the PB.  Asks me to set the Brake - I do.

It then asks to confirm good engine start.  When I open the GSX dialogue it states Engine not started.

.........  On this occasion I ran the installers again, and as per the last time it fixes the issue ...............

Not sure that I should have to re install, but it fixes things.

Thanks Again.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 06:35:01 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 06:35:10 pm »
It then asks to confirm good engine start.  When I open the GSX dialogue it states Engine not started.

Which is why I said, if this happens, you can select the OTHER option (other than Abort), which is "Stop here and complete pushback procedure", which will result in completing the procedure and ignoring the engines.

lchannell

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 02:29:59 pm »
Sorry,

the OTHER option (other than Abort), which is "Stop here and complete pushback procedure",

Perhaps I am not being clear - I did inform you that the OTHER (as you suggest) option did not resolve it either.

Quote from: lchannell on April 30, 2021, 01:38:06 PM
The Stop Here and Complete PB function creates the same problem, I have tried this and the Abort function over and over.

For clarity:

1.   Selecting Abort DID NOT resolve the problem
2.   Selecting Stop here and Complete pushback DID NOT resolved the problem

I had tried both of these options at least three times each.  My only solution was the reinstall, which fixed it, as I have stated.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 10:42:49 pm »
had tried both of these options at least three times each.  My only solution was the reinstall, which fixed it, as I have stated.

Then it IS working now ?

If yes, it wasn't reinstall that fixed it, since nothing in it could possibly have anything to do with a reinstall. It might simply be you had an old version, so it would have been enough to run the Updater, with no need to reinstall.

Of course, reinstalling would be the same, because the installer does exactly that: it runs the updater at the end.