Author Topic: KLAX textures surpressed after 4,5 minutes SOLVED  (Read 4277 times)

wimbutte

KLAX textures surpressed after 4,5 minutes SOLVED
« on: April 27, 2021, 05:47:57 pm »
Hi!, I installed KLAX on my new PC with P3Dv5. After I start-up KLAX airport scenery everything looks good. However after about 4,5 minutes the scenery textures suddenly look like they are being surpressed. The airport buildings disappear, airport roads disappear as well as runway textures.

Already installed were ORBX TE Southern California and ORBX Hollywood/Burbank. I did not have any other FSDT products installed yet. As the installer prompted me to download and install FDTS Live Updater I did do so and ran the update.

This is what I did after reading some posts on this forum:

- Turned OFF the following files
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAX.bgl
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAX.CVX.bgl
FTX_SCA_objects_KLAX_PLC

- Checked if my Mesh settings were not too high. They were at 1 meter, so I moved slider to 5 meters.
- Deleted P3D shaders
- Re-started PC

Problem persisted. Tried different locations and runways on the airport.

I then reinstalled the scenery with same result.

Please advise! Thanks and best regards,
Wim

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 10:23:49 pm by wimbutte »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX textures surpressed after 4,5 minutes
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 02:36:53 pm »
Hi!, I installed KLAX on my new PC with P3Dv5. After I start-up KLAX airport scenery everything looks good. However after about 4,5 minutes the scenery textures suddenly look like they are being surpressed. The airport buildings disappear, airport roads disappear as well as runway textures.

You said you installed KLAX, but nothing in your message says if you ACTIVATED IT. Because, scenery disappearing after 5 minutes is precisely what's supposed to happen when the scenery in IN TRIAL.

wimbutte

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 11:43:36 pm »
Ahh Umberto, sorry for that. It’s been too long since I used your Add On Manager and I totally forgot about that. When I installed the scenery on my new PC I think I remember the installer asked for the serial number so I did not think of the Add-on manager anymore. But perhaps I am confused since I had to reinstall so many sceneries since I moved to new PC and P3Dv5.

Anyway I will activate the scenery in Add-On manager. Since I am away for 10 days I can only do it when I’m back home. I will post the results on this thread so hopefully we can name this one SOLVED then.

Thanks and best regards,
Wim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 10:23:16 am »
When I installed the scenery on my new PC I think I remember the installer asked for the serial number so I did not think of the Add-on manager anymore.

No, this is only valid for our MSFS 2020 sceneries, that don't have a Trial and don't use the Addon Manager, so the installer will verify the license before installing.

FSX/P3D sceneries DO have a Trial, with the Trial installed being the only available installer, that's why they never asked for a serial number during the installation, so they install as a Trial, and use the Addon Manager to remove the Time limitation.

wimbutte

Re: KLAX textures surpressed after 4,5 minutes SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 10:24:54 pm »
SOLVED by activating the scenery in Add-On Manager