Author Topic: Scripting Engine and Live Update not working  (Read 2505 times)

PUNNETT

Scripting Engine and Live Update not working
« on: May 07, 2021, 11:44:37 pm »
Hi,

I have held back for three days as I have tried to resolve this problem. I can see many other users have experienced a similar problem and I have looked as much as possible through the posts to no avail for a resolution. A few days ago FSX told me my scripting engine had stopped working but after clicking ok I was able to use FSX. It was after a few days I noticed in FSX my FSDT Sceneries had pretty much gone with the exception of a few air bridges. I have tried everything, completely removing addon manager, adding addon manager to the exclude of my antivirus and re-installing GSX and all the sceneries. Everytime I run FSX I see the message 'is it ok to run addon manager and scripting engine which I answer 'yes' of course. Inside FSX going through Addon Manager I noyice my sceneries are in trial mode and it asks me to run liveupdate when I click on register serial, It says the COUATL Scripting engine has not started run live update or reinstall the scenery. The error log is below:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Unknown error (0x2b2a)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.InternalSend(IPAddress address, Byte[] buffer, Int32 timeout, PingOptions options, Boolean async)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.Send(IPAddress address, Int32 timeout, Byte[] buffer, PingOptions options)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4069.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Couatl_Updater2
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Addon%20Manager/Couatl_Updater2.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4110.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4042.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am currently going round in circles with no FSDT products.

Thanks
Regards
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:11:04 am by virtuali »

PUNNETT

Re: Scripting Engine and Live Update not working
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 09:27:30 am »
Hi,

I wanted to provide an update and still hope you will be able to help. Not sure what happened but I have managed to get CYVR up and running with the exception of the airbridges showing. I am guessing this maybe a SODE issue. I am not sure how this happened all I appear to have done is deleted a COUATL64 folder from Addon Manager and deleted the Microsoft Visual entries. The COUATL64 was running in the background everytime I shut down the pc and when trying to delete always said it was open in another folder. I successfully managed to delete it on initial boot up. Anyway buoyed by my success after five days I tried to install KSDF. It appeared to work with Liveupdate saying it still did not work as it did with CYVR. I eevn had COUATL and Addon Manager inside FSX. On arriving at KSDF COUATL crashed with this error:

couatl v3.2 (build 4317)
panic log started on Sat May  8 23:39:33 2021

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 1123, in addJetways
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 941, in setupJetwayModel
AttributeError: 'Couatl.Parking' object has no attribute '_dontCreateJetways'
{}
  File "<string>", line 22, in OnIdle
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
reset FSDT_GSX_DEBOARDING_CARGO_PERCENT to 0
{}

I am still hopeful you will respond and help but in the meantime I will continue to explore what's gone wrong.

Regards
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:11:16 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 12:33:21 am »
The first error looks like a connection problem, we have two mirror servers, so the update first tries one and if it fails, it tries the mirror. In your case, it seems neither could be connected, which is strange, since they are both working right now.

I've posted an updated updater that should detect also this double connection failure, I'm not sure it would make any difference, it's just that now it should be able to give a more clear message, suggesting to disable the Firewall and configure the antivirus to add the Addon Manager folder to the Exclusion, to be sure it won't be blocked.

The second post got me confused, because you said you had Couatl64 running in the background, but then you always said you use FSX.

There's no way FSX could possibly load Couatl64, since it works only with P3D V4 and V5 and, of course, our installer configure the FSX XML files to run the regular 32 bit version only.

So, are you using P3D as well, for example you have a session in P3D, then you start FSX ?

PUNNETT

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 09:44:33 am »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm I have no P3D on my PC at all, this is why I was confused as I was pretty sure COUATL64 is the 64 bit version? If I am running FSX should I be seeing this COUTL64 folder in my Addon Manager folder?

Anyway the latest from me is I have my sceneries working but what I had to do was install them and install GSX with virus off once they were all installed. Not sure whether that is correct but this appears for the moment to work. Unfortunately Liveupdate still does not work but that's not affecting anything as far as I can tell. Liveupdate still gives the same error message as per my first post when I install each scenery.

Regards
Trevor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:52:09 am »
Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm I have no P3D on my PC at all, this is why I was confused as I was pretty sure COUATL64 is the 64 bit version? If I am running FSX should I be seeing this COUTL64 folder in my Addon Manager folder?

Ok, now you are saying something different. You first said you had Couatl64 still running in the background when you shut down your PC, which is impossible in FSX, unless you also have P3D4/5 and you used it.

It's entirely normal that 64 bit executable would be installed together with the 32 bit version, but it will never start if you have only FSX, in order to start it ( unless you start it manually ), it would have placed in a entry in the EXE.XML, which it's surely not done by any of our installers, which of course put only an entry for the 32 bit version (couatl.exe)  in FSX.

So, unless you started it manually for some reason, it's not possible you would have the Couatl64.exe running in the background, if you only use FSX.

Anyway the latest from me is I have my sceneries working but what I had to do was install them and install GSX with virus off once they were all installed.

So yes, it was an antivirus problem. We never suggest to install with the antivirus disabled. Instead, the correct way to install is by adding the entire Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

Unfortunately Liveupdate still does not work but that's not affecting anything as far as I can tell. Liveupdate still gives the same error message as per my first post when I install each scenery.

Assuming you tried again after my post, this shouldn't happen because, the updated updater should be able to deal with the almost impossible "both servers down at the same time situation" with a more clear error message. Yes, it still wouldn't work, meaning it will stop there ( if there's no server, it cannot continue ), but it should give a message, not an error log.

This seems to indicate you either haven't tried after my last post, or your antivirus is still interfering, so you still got the previous version, because the antivirus prevented from getting the new one. Try to add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exclusions, this is much better than disabling it.

PUNNETT

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 10:04:28 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks again for your reply,

Firstly I would like to say that it may appear that I am saying something different but I am answering your questions to the best of my ability and I apologise if that is not perfect. When a pc is shutting down you will now it is a very quick process when it asks you to force closure of a particular file .I am pretty sure what I saw but as I say I'm not perfect. Having said that the problem is still exactly the same, Live Update does not work. I will be attaching the error messages as per your request, I did a couple of fresh installs so I could do this. I would like to point out that the 'Addon Manager' folder has been in the exclusion of my antivirus for quite sometime now as I read on the forum this was an issue.

Regards
Trevor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 05:49:54 pm »
Having said that the problem is still exactly the same, Live Update does not work.

The problem is NOT "exactly the same". As I've said in my previous message, the updater now is able to not produce an error, but a clear message about what the problem really is, which is BOTH servers cannot be contacted. So no, you haven't got the "same" result, you now got a clear message that is telling you how to solve the problem.

As I've said, being able to gracefully detect the problem and give you a message without crashing, won't automatically be able to download something from a server your system cannot reach.

Since both servers are running normally, it's clear the problem must be at your end, and can only be one of the following:

- your firewall is blocking the updater entirely

- your antivirus is blocking the updater too.

- your ISP is blocking our server for some reason

That's the only possible reason why you cannot access ANY of the two servers which are otherwise working normally.