Author Topic: Chicago 2011  (Read 10675 times)

landrus

Chicago 2011
« on: April 16, 2021, 10:37:13 pm »
I recently did a total new install of FSX and all of my FSDreamteam modules.  The install I purchased from FSDT was Chicago 2011 since that is what is available for FSX.  I have installed AND activated it, but it appears that FSX isn't reading the files or something went wrong because GSX isn't loading at any of the OHare gates.  In fact it appears that the default scenery is what is being loaded.  GSX and Chicago are both installed in the Addon Manager folder in FSX.  I directed the scenery manager to that location and the Chicago scenery is at the top of the list, but when I try to open GSX, I get a message that I am not at a gate, to which only 4 spots are listed, and those at the heliport.  I could really use some help because the scenery is great when it works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Chicago 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 11:24:24 pm »
Please clarify if your issue is just GSX not seeing the correct positions, or you are not even seeing the actual scenery.

landrus

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 07:11:40 pm »
I think I'm seeing the scenery, but I don't get ALL of the gate positions, in fact, I only see 4 positions at the helipad.  But I'm not 100% sure, how would I know?

landrus

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 03:04:52 am »
I did a complete reinstall.  I believe the scenery is being displayed.  I think it is a GSX issue so I've uninstalled GSX and will try a new install.  For some reason I had GSX installed under Program files on the C drive, but my FSX related files are on my D drive.  Not sure if that would make a difference but thought I would just make sure GSX is in the same addon manager as OHare.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 09:54:27 am »
I think I'm seeing the scenery, but I don't get ALL of the gate positions, in fact, I only see 4 positions at the helipad.  But I'm not 100% sure, how would I know?

If you see an helipad in GSX instead of the actual scenery, it's because you have another scenery for that area from another developer that you haven't removed. Or it's a scenery from a nearby airport that is too close to KORD.

GSX, of course, has a solution for these cases, which is explained on the manual, Page 26, the chapter named "Auxiliary airports/helipads/seaplane bases"

landrus

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 05:17:47 pm »
Really?  Parked at gate B4 I get the following.  Where the hell is JFKC  Chicago airport helipad?  This is after the reinstall.
On another note, after reinstalling GSX, My OHare scenery entered into a trial mode even though the addon manager shows the scenery installed and active.  This whole mess regarding GSX and OHare is getting on my last nerve.  A lot of money spent for a product that does not want to work on a brand new pc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 09:21:13 am »
Really?  Parked at gate B4 I get the following.  Where the hell is JFKC  Chicago airport helipad?  This is after the reinstall.

I don't see anything wrong in your screenshot, and neither I see any reference in your screenshot to that JFKC helipad so, it seems either you posted the wrong screenshot, of you fixed the conflict caused by the other scenery, either as clearly explained on the GSX manual, or by removing the conflicting scenery.

The menus in your screenshot are perfectly fine, and they are they are supposed to be with a scenery, like O'Hare 2011, that has a YOUCONTROL menu in ADDITION to the normal GSX menu.

When a scenery comes with a YouControl menu, when you press what is really the YouControl Hotkey ( CTRL+F12 by default ), the YouControl menu will show, with the 2nd option being calling GSX. When a scenery doesn't have a YouControl menu, when you press what is really the YouControl Hotkey the menu will just show GSX.

Which is why, GSX has its OWN hotkey, ( by default CTRL+Shift+F12 ), which will call GSX directly, regardless if the scenery has a YouControl menu or not.

So, in your case, since you must have called what is really the YouControl key instead of the GSX key, the YouControl menu came, with GSX being option #2 but, since you haven't posted any screenshot of how the GSX menu looked like I can't possibly say if GSX is still reading the wrong AFCAD ( because you haven't excluded the helipads from another conflicting scenery ) or there wasn't any helipad to begin with, and you were just confused by the De-icing PADS at O'Hare in the YouControl menu.

On another note, after reinstalling GSX, My OHare scenery entered into a trial mode even though the addon manager shows the scenery installed and active. 

If the Addon Manager says the scenery is active, then it is active. Why you think is in Trial ? Do you see the buildings disappear after 5 minutes ? That's Trial.

landrus

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 10:14:14 pm »
Ask and you shall receive.  Screenshot 1 shows what comes up when I push CTRL F12, shot 7 is what I see when I press CTRL SHFT F12
I don't have any JFK scenery installed.  I'm so confused.  GSX works fine with OHare on my old computer, but with this new install on a new pc, nothing but problems at OHare.

landrus

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 02:19:34 pm »
I went back and looked at my old pc for file locations compared to the new.  Everything looks the same with the exception that on the old pc the addon manager and FSX are in the x86 program files folder.  The new pc has ALL FSX related files on my larger D drive.  Other than that, everything looks the same.  Would having FSX Acceleration make a difference?  I couldn't get SP2 to install so I installed Acceleration.  I'm just so confused.  I tried the to alter the visability settings for the JFKC helipad with no luck.  This is starting to look more like a GSX issue since the OHare 2011 scenery looks to be working except for safedock or any other parking aids.

landrus

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 06:40:32 pm »
And if I may also ask, when I get me serial number, why doies it show as OHare v1.0 and not 2.0?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 08:25:41 pm »
Ask and you shall receive.  Screenshot 1 shows what comes up when I push CTRL F12, shot 7 is what I see when I press CTRL SHFT F12

Then my first reply already contained the correct solution:

If you see an helipad in GSX instead of the actual scenery, it's because you have another scenery for that area from another developer that you haven't removed. Or it's a scenery from a nearby airport that is too close to KORD.

GSX, of course, has a solution for these cases, which is explained on the manual, Page 26, the chapter named "Auxiliary airports/helipads/seaplane bases"

I don't have any JFK scenery installed

Nowhere I ever said you have a "JFK" scenery installed. You have a scenery from another developer that created an Helipad for CHICAGO ( as the name says ) and for some reason it was named JFKC.

In fact, this is what I found on this forum, searching for "JFKC":

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=22576.0

So, it's coming for Traffic Global. You can delete the file, or use the method I already explained in my first post and I repeated here, which of course is also explained on the manual, to exclude conflicting Helipads with fake ICAO codes created by some add-ons.

And if I may also ask, when I get me serial number, why doies it show as OHare v1.0 and not 2.0?

As you said yourself, you bought O'Hare 2011, because is the only one available for GSX. O'Hare V2 is for P3D4/5 or MSFS.

landrus

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 05:31:47 pm »
That was the problem....Traffic Global.
Deleted the Traffic Global entry in the scenery library and deleted the KJFKC bgl file.  GSX works now but it looks like I'll have to customize each gate so the parking systems and jetways show up.....Didn't have these issues before I bought Traffic Global.  Wish I had known the software would cause so many issues with FSDT scenery and GSX before I bought it.

peter_v84

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 03:32:40 am »
Hi there
i'm experiencing the same issue but cannot even locate my kjfkc.bgl.
Ive tried deactivating Traffic Global from the scenery library and now its just saying it cannot locate the AFCAD.
How can i fix this?
Again the same as you, only KORD V1 effected. Im using FSX:SE on windows 10.