Products Support > Chicago O'Hare for FSX/P3D

Chicago 2011

(1/3) > >>

landrus:
I recently did a total new install of FSX and all of my FSDreamteam modules.  The install I purchased from FSDT was Chicago 2011 since that is what is available for FSX.  I have installed AND activated it, but it appears that FSX isn't reading the files or something went wrong because GSX isn't loading at any of the OHare gates.  In fact it appears that the default scenery is what is being loaded.  GSX and Chicago are both installed in the Addon Manager folder in FSX.  I directed the scenery manager to that location and the Chicago scenery is at the top of the list, but when I try to open GSX, I get a message that I am not at a gate, to which only 4 spots are listed, and those at the heliport.  I could really use some help because the scenery is great when it works.

virtuali:
Please clarify if your issue is just GSX not seeing the correct positions, or you are not even seeing the actual scenery.

landrus:
I think I'm seeing the scenery, but I don't get ALL of the gate positions, in fact, I only see 4 positions at the helipad.  But I'm not 100% sure, how would I know?

landrus:
I did a complete reinstall.  I believe the scenery is being displayed.  I think it is a GSX issue so I've uninstalled GSX and will try a new install.  For some reason I had GSX installed under Program files on the C drive, but my FSX related files are on my D drive.  Not sure if that would make a difference but thought I would just make sure GSX is in the same addon manager as OHare.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: landrus on April 17, 2021, 07:11:40 pm ---I think I'm seeing the scenery, but I don't get ALL of the gate positions, in fact, I only see 4 positions at the helipad.  But I'm not 100% sure, how would I know?
--- End quote ---

If you see an helipad in GSX instead of the actual scenery, it's because you have another scenery for that area from another developer that you haven't removed. Or it's a scenery from a nearby airport that is too close to KORD.

GSX, of course, has a solution for these cases, which is explained on the manual, Page 26, the chapter named "Auxiliary airports/helipads/seaplane bases"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version