Author Topic: (SOLVED) Missing Runway markings.  (Read 6127 times)

Airmaz1

(SOLVED) Missing Runway markings.
« on: March 09, 2021, 11:14:57 pm »
Hi, I've got no runway markings at all at PHNL, PHKO and PHLI

I'm using p3dv5.1 HF1, latest installer and update, pressed yes to afcad update too.

Just wondering if others have this issue and if there is anyway to fix it?

Thanks.

(Edit:To fix you need to set anti-aliasing to at least MSAAx2)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 05:18:42 pm by Airmaz1 »

Ethanpilot787

Re: Missing Runway markings.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 11:48:43 pm »
I am having this issue as well at PHNL in addition to all the other FSDT Hawaiian airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 11:31:16 am »

I cannot reproduce the problem, see the attached screenshot at PHNL, PHKO and PHLI.

Do you have something from OrbX installed ? Or a 3rd party mesh ? Have you installed modified shaders ? Your colors looks very bad.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:35:03 am by virtuali »

Airmaz1

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 11:55:10 am »
I'm using Envtex and Envshade, it was also overcast at the time so it probably looks darker.

Also using ORBX Hawaii cityscape.

I'll try and disable envtex and shade if i can figure out how and report back.

Thanks.

Ethanpilot787

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 07:15:13 am »

I cannot reproduce the problem, see the attached screenshot at PHNL, PHKO and PHLI.

Do you have something from OrbX installed ? Or a 3rd party mesh ? Have you installed modified shaders ? Your colors looks very bad.

I do not have any scenery addons installed other than FSDT's LAX. This is on a new installation of P3D v5.1. The only other addons I have installed at the moment are the PMDG fleet. I'm not sure if this information helps at all, but I do notice that the landing are not sunken into the ground at all.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 07:56:25 am by Ethanpilot787 »

Airmaz1

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 04:39:51 pm »
Ok i've tried the following:

Disable and restore option in envtex= no markings.
Reinstalled p3dv5 Scenery and content packages= still no markings.
Reinstalled Affected airports with latest installers and updates making sure to press yes for updated afcad= no markings.

After a full day trying i still can't solve this issue, I'm exhausted so if anybody knows what is going on and how to fix can you please let me know, even if this thread is years old please post up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 05:08:04 pm »
I do not have any scenery addons installed other than FSDT's LAX. This is on a new installation of P3D v5.1.

My screenshot was exactly like that: brand new install, with only FSDT airports installed.

but I do notice that the landing are not sunken into the ground at all.

I'm fairly sure you must have some kind of add-on that affects ground altitude, like a mesh or a global scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 05:09:52 pm »
Disable and restore option in envtex= no markings.
Reinstalled p3dv5 Scenery and content packages= still no markings.
Reinstalled Affected airports with latest installers and updates making sure to press yes for updated afcad= no markings.

This means:

- the problem is not envtex

- the problem is not the P3D install

- the problem is not the FSDT airport ( this was 100% sure, now you have proof )

Which means, the problem must be something else you installed that can affect ground altitude, like a mesh or a global vector scenery. Something from OrbX maybe ?

Airmaz1

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 06:02:48 pm »
Ok so i tried uninstalling ORBX vector, open lc mesh south america and open lc mesh and photoreal south africa, this is all i own regarding mesh products and it still not fixed the problem.

I've also had a look at all my FSDT airports and they are all showing missing marking, hold short lines and generally messed up taxiways and parking spots.

PHNL, PHLI, PHOG, PHKO, PHTO and LSGG are all not correctly showing, my only unaffected airport is KIAH which is perfect.

See pic of LSGG for example:

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 06:05:04 pm »
Ok so i tried uninstalling ORBX vector, open lc mesh south america and open lc mesh and photoreal south africa, this is all i own regarding mesh products and it still not fixed the problem.

That only means the problem wasn't ORBX vector, open lc mesh south america and open lc mesh and photoreal south africa, but it was something else. LC products surely can't cause this, it's more likely mesh products do.

See pic of LSGG for example:

No problems with LSGG here, see how's supposed to look like in P3D V5.

Airmaz1

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 07:15:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
I don't own any mesh products other than those two orbx ones but they're nowhere near Honolulu.

I'm at a loss as to what is causing this unless another airport somehow modifies the global mesh?, I'll have to keep digging. :(

Airmaz1

Re:(SOLVED) Missing Runway markings.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 12:00:35 pm »
Hello.

Well I've solved the problem and it's not what i expected at all.

You need to have anti-aliasing activated in your Graphics settings, with none selected some of the textures won't show at all.

Even MSAAx2 is enough to make them work.

;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 05:42:25 pm by Airmaz1 »