Author Topic: F-104 and F-4 cause CTD  (Read 5999 times)

mykk

F-104 and F-4 cause CTD
« on: December 22, 2009, 10:14:52 pm »
I have just done a clean re-install of FS9. I added the FS9 update and the latest Addon manager.

The first thing I have done is to install the F-104 and the F-4 and have re-registered them successfully using the addon manager.

However, if I try to select them I get an immediate CTD.

With the 104 I see it rotating prettily in the window after selection but as soon as I try to launch it I get a CTD.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: F-104 and F-4 cause CTD
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 10:50:08 pm »
As explained on the Cloud9 page here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

when you install anything from Cloud9 that doesn't have an FSDT installer, like the F104, you HAVE to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER the Cloud9 product. It's important you install the Addon Manager as the last step, because it will download updated gauges for the airplanes, that are not included in the installer. Check that is doing this when you run its installer.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:51:40 pm by virtuali »

mykk

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 11:02:03 am »
 :-[ OK, all now sorted with the F-104, however I still get a CTD when trying to open the F-4 despite having gone through the same procedure.

When trying to change to the F-4 I don't even get the rotating model in the window, it is just black. Selecting ok from there just causes a CTD.??

When I run the updater after installation of the F-4 a total of 8.3MB of files come down including some F-4 gauges ( although I understand some gauges on the F-104 may be the same as the F-4)

Any ideas??

Mick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:26:03 pm »
OK, all now sorted with the F-104, however I still get a CTD when trying to open the F-4 despite having gone through the same procedure.

You don't have to go through the same procedure. The F4 HAS an FSDT installer so, you don't need to update the Addon Manager after its installation

Not that makes any difference, because both the FSDT F-4 installare and the Addon Manager will download the same, correct, gauge, from the same location.

When trying to change to the F-4 I don't even get the rotating model in the window, it is just black. Selecting ok from there just causes a CTD.??

This shouldn't happen. It means you haven't installed the F-4 correctly.

Uninstall it, then download the FULL F-4 Installer from THIS site, and nothing else. It includes everything that is needed, no need to update anything.

The only time you need to update the Addon Manager, is when  you run an installer for a Cloud9 product that doesn't have an FSDT updated installer. Not the case of the F-4, although it will not make any problems if you do it anyway.

mykk

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 10:06:30 am »
That did it, thanks again for a quick response.

Seasons greetings

Mick ;D