Author Topic: GSX Randomly deactivates  (Read 1457 times)

737NGX

GSX Randomly deactivates
« on: March 08, 2021, 03:04:03 pm »
So I've had this issue once before. I launch my sim (after not touching it since the last time) and as I start a flight I get a message saying GSX and GSX v2 isn't activated for whatever reason.
Then it helped to just press OK and activate them over again. It's about 1-2 months since I had this issue last time. However, today I had a similar error but got this when I tried to press OK:

I haven't touched my sim since yesterday, other than adding a GSX v2 airport profile in the virtually/gsx folder in appdata. I was wondering if something might be wrong with my license
or what the issue could be. I fixed GSX by just going into addon manager and registering them again, but it's a bit odd that it deactivated itself in the first place

Regards
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 03:06:57 pm by 737NGX »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Randomly deactivates
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 11:10:14 am »
GSX doesn't deactivate itself "randomly". It always related to something in your hardware, sometimes updated drivers can do that. They shouldn't, since an updated driver should not change the hardware id, but apparently some of them did.

Note that, nothing in GSX or anything in our code doesn't do ANY hardware detection, neither we have any control or any say about what exactly is being checked and what exactly triggered an hardware change, this is done entirely by the Soraco/QLM licensing software, and it's a complete black box to us, like Esellerate was before.

If you are using the old Esellerate keys to activate ( the ones starting with FSDT ), try to use the new ones from Soraco ( the ones that start with an A ), both should work, but the new keys might be more firewall friendly ( firewalls can possibly cause that error ).

If your order used an Esellerate key, you can use the Self-Help site indicated on the FAQ page of this site to retrieve the Soraco key that has been associated to your old Esellerate key.