Author Topic: Airports not loading  (Read 3101 times)

brennan.cutting@yahoo.com

Airports not loading
« on: March 03, 2021, 02:55:55 am »
I have installed addon manager and ran live update and registered all my airports but they don't load in. Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airports not loading
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 04:23:52 pm »
It might be helpful if you said which simulator you use.

flyinghigh87

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 11:16:40 pm »
Using FSX-Steam\

Me too......I loaded KCLT added my Reg # and it keeps going back to say Trial Mode or Trial Mode Expired. \\

Question #2 for KCLT - it's a UPS Hub and I'm at the Worldport Cargo Hub stand/gate but only 1 loader shows up for two cargo doors open. I can get two doors open with FSX Orbit, World Travel, etc but with UPS aircraft - no.
Is it the UPS aircraft I downloaded from FlightSim that is the problem?

Question #3 - how do I load Cargo but not passengers ?(except for crew - and I can ignore that if necessary)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:18:50 am by virtuali »
Taking off is an option - Landing IS NOT !!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 01:25:15 am »
Question #3 - how do I load Cargo but not passengers ?(except for crew - and I can ignore that if necessary)
For a passenger aircraft, you can't. If you have estimate passenger numbers disabled, you can enter 0 for the passenger number, but you'll only get one container per cargo hold if that's what you want.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 11:18:40 am »
Me too......I loaded KCLT added my Reg # and it keeps going back to say Trial Mode or Trial Mode Expired

Question #2 for KCLT - it's a UPS Hub and I'm at the Worldport Cargo Hub stand/gate but only 1 loader shows up for two cargo doors open. I can get two doors open with FSX Orbit, World Travel, etc but with UPS aircraft - no.
Is it the UPS aircraft I downloaded from FlightSim that is the problem?

Are you sure you are not confusing KCLT with KSDF, which explains why you registration doesn't work ? KSDF is the UPS Hub with the Worldport Cargo Hub, not KCLT.

Again, if the airplane is configured in GSX as Cargo, it won't have Passengers, but a minimal crew of 2 pilots and a Loadmaster ( a guy with a notebook in hand )

bcm652

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 03:44:14 pm »
Again, if the airplane is configured in GSX as Cargo, it won't have Passengers, but a minimal crew of 2 pilots and a Loadmaster ( a guy with a notebook in hand )

Is there a third party sim that has a cargo plane,  737, 747, that will operate as a cargo plane. My FSX default aircraft can be customized as a cargo plane, GSX,, but I get a prompt to open door 4, which doesn't happen because the aircraft CFG doesn't allow a door 4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 04:24:35 pm »
Is there a third party sim that has a cargo plane,  737, 747, that will operate as a cargo plane.

The most popular from PMDG, CS, Aerosoft, etc. are.

My FSX default aircraft can be customized as a cargo plane, GSX,, but I get a prompt to open door 4, which doesn't happen because the aircraft CFG doesn't allow a door 4.

Which default airplane ?

All FSX default planes are already included in the default GSX database so, there shouldn't be any need to configure them ( except if you want to make them Cargo ), and all their doors works without any changes.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 04:57:52 pm by virtuali »

bcm652

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 04:47:25 pm »
Which default airplane ?

FSX, 737, 747. All of FSX jet aircraft are all passenger, so using GSX to customize them for cargo, limits them to crew and loadmaster without any cargo operation, except for luggage. There is a GSX prompt to open door 4, but unfortunately there is no door 4 function available for FSX default aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 05:06:13 pm »
FSX, 737, 747. All of FSX jet aircraft are all passenger, so using GSX to customize them for cargo, limits them to crew and loadmaster without any cargo operation, except for luggage.

Then don't configure them as cargo. I'm not sure I understand your question, if you want to configure a default airplane as cargo to TEST if the limited cargo crew works ( I thought this was your goal ), you sure can do that. If you don't want to do that, leave them as not cargo.

There is a GSX prompt to open door 4, but unfortunately there is no door 4 function available for FSX default aircraft.

By default, GSX should call exits on default airplanes ( 737 or A321, for example ) with names like "Exit 1", "Exit 2" or "Exit 3". NONE of them, by default, is configured to call a door "Door 4" so, it seems you changed the default configuration, if you really see a prompt for Door 4.

And, the "Name" a door is referred to by GSX is completely unrelated to the airplane door "function". What really matters is the variable associated to it, which is found in the GSX Airplane configuration editor, and can be either one of the 4 possible default variables for the doors OR a custom XML code, if the airplane has custom door controls.

The position in the diagram doesn't matter either, it's just an example, the only thing that controls the door location are its coordinates.

bcm652

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 07:37:40 pm »
By default, GSX should call exits on default airplanes ( 737 or A321, for example ) with names like "Exit 1", "Exit 2" or "Exit 3". NONE of them, by default, is configured to call a door "Door 4" so, it seems you changed the default configuration, if you really see a prompt for Door 4.

Yes, I did add a door 4 in the aircraft CFG file, but of course their is no door 4 function in the FSX default aircraft. I will probably have to edit that out.
What I wanted to do was a fully cargo function with FSX as something different then just passenger. But, the FSX default aircraft will not allow that to happen. So, it looks like I will have to use a third party aircraft from Aerosoft which offers cargo aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2021, 12:28:14 am »
Yes, I did add a door 4 in the aircraft CFG file, but of course their is no door 4 function in the FSX default aircraft. I will probably have to edit that out.

FSX supports a Door 4 but, none of the default airplane use it,

In general, it's not enough to add a door in the aircraft.cfg to have it working, the actual model file ( the .MDL ) must have that door modeled, animated AND tagged with a check on the default variable for exit 4, so that when you are in the sim, you can press Shift-E then 4, to see the door opening so, there's basically no way to add a door to an airplane, unless you have the source code of the 3d model.