Author Topic: New photoscenery released  (Read 20139 times)

andrewblan

New photoscenery released
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:20:39 pm »
Hey Guys  :)

Just letting everyone know that Miami X and South Florida X have been released, which are both high quality scenery packages for fsx.They include 30cm/px resolution, night textures and more. Pictures are attached. Website: www.flightsimdesigns.com

Check it out!

Thanks
Andrew

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: New photoscenery released
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:17:14 am »
Looks good.

Is South Florida X basically Ft. Lauderdale and Miami combined into one package?

Can you define a coverage area for South Florida X using a map to outline the coverage area?

You can use the map below to outline if you wish.

BTW, you should post more screen shots on your site to give the viewers/buyers a better view of what they are getting. Two pics for each area leave you wondering how the whole thing looks. Maybe some pics of or around the aiports and beaches would be a good idea.

andrewblan

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 01:13:50 am »
To all my friends at FSDT. Holiday Sale for everyone! Items are at exuberant low prices. Some things 50% off!  Check it out.

BTW I uploaded a coverage map.

Andrew
www.flightsimdesigns.com

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 05:36:07 am »
really need to see the airport. cmpbllsjc is right.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 06:47:33 pm »
Well, for the $34 bucks I went ahead and bough one of the South Florida X packages.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get it. I got few emails showing my purchase but no download link, lol.

Andrew, thanks for the update. I'm excited to download it if I can figure out how.

You really should post some more shots to really showcase what you have done and put on the site what the instructions are to download the product. That way when we buy were not left wondering how to download it. I know that your new to having the website and store, so I am just offering this as advice. I'm sure you'll sell more product if you post a wider variety of screen shots, including some night ones.

Anyways, if I can get this downloaded and installed I will take some shots that you can use on the site if you wish. I'm leaving for vacation to Rio for two weeks on Christmas day and will be back Feb 5th, so hopefully I will get a chance to try this before I go.

Brian S

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 07:32:46 pm »
Please post a review if you get a chance to try it out before you leave.  Thanks.

andrewblan

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 09:27:15 pm »
Thank You very much!! I will definitely use photos that you take. You need to log into your account, (http://flightsimdesigns.com/downloadstore/index.php?main_page=login&zenid=l8queektp1e94q9s9frj9spld1) and then view your order. The download links should be right there. If not, please reply, and I will email them to your promptly.

Thanks

Andrew

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 09:46:39 pm »
Thanks Andrew there not there. It says that it has been delivered but no download link.

Status History & Comments Date Order Status Comments
12/23/2009 Processing   
12/23/2009 Processing PayPal status: Completed @ 09:33:32 Dec 23, 2009 PST
Trans ID:53R36716WU6042343
Amount: 34.99 USD
12/23/2009 Delivered   

Thanks, you can PM me a link if you want. BTW, since it's such a large download, is it broken down into a few pieces, or just one big d/l?

andrewblan

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 09:56:40 pm »
Hey,
Just emailed it to you. There was just a small user interface error which is being corrected. The download is just the "downloader and wrapper .exe, which downloads it through our fast ftp server and installs it. Youll see it.  Anyway, Thanks!  :)

Andrew

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 10:36:59 pm »
Thanks.

Check the email you sent me those links from. I send 2 emails, one with a question.

andrewblan

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 11:27:53 pm »
Just Replied.  :)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 01:30:43 am »
Thanks. Still downloading the first one for Miami. Pretty big files.

BTW, I sent you another email regarding the bgl validation.

andrewblan

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 01:37:10 am »
Just Replied Again. :)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 11:39:23 am »
Please post a review if you get a chance to try it out before you leave.  Thanks.

Alright since I was the guinea pig here's my opinion so far.

If you buy South Florida X you get two downloads, one being Ft. Lauderdale X and the other Miami X. The downloads take a some time because the are huge files, almost 10GB.

I installed both packages and found that Ft. Lauderdale photo scenery isn't showing in the sim. The Miami area is visible however.

As much as I hate to say it since Andrew seems to be a nice guy, I am pretty disappointed so far and here are the reasons why.

1. The color corrected Miami area tiles are still very dreary and colorless. Coundn't give an opinion on Ft. Lauderdale because for some reason the photo tiles wont show in FSX.

2. The water in Miami has grid lines showing in it. Which brings me to the next point.

3. The site says that there is an update being released tonight, however when I go to the site I do not see where it is or how to download it.

4. I feel mislead in my purhase becasue the special going from now until Dec 26 says:

Holiday Sale! 'Till December 26th

Fort Lauderdale X V3 - $10.00 USD

Miami X - $16.99 USD

South Florida X -  $34.99 USD

As it turns out I could have just bought Fort Lauderdale X V3 and Miami X for $17.99 and gotten the same coverage area that I paid twice the amount for. I mentioned this to Andrew and he said that South Florida X also comes with Orlando which will be out in a week. The site says nothing about Orlando being included or being worked on. Had I known this in advance I woundn't have bought South Florida X and just got the other two packages for 1/2 the price. I wouldn't consider Orlando to be part of South Florida. Andrew said that he was going to change the message on the site to avoid anyone feeling misled but to this point the site is still advertising the same thing.

5. This is the first time I have ever taken an FPS hit in photo scenery. Could be because there is a conflict which is why Ft. Lauderdale is not being displayed or the fact that the photo .bgl tiles are hugh. I dont know, but I get about 20 FPS when running this scenery with no autogen and I get about 35 FPS running GEX with Normal autogen settings.

6. The photoscenery textures end 1/2 way thru South Beach area running from north to south, leaving 1/2 of South beach with photo texture and the other 1/2 with GEX textures.

To this point, as much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't recommend the product, sorry Andrew. Usually I have gut feelings about stuff like this which is why I hadn't bought it up to this point and since I could have bought the same thing for 1/2 the price I feel I was misled a bit. I am interested in Orlando, but I wouldn't have bought it yet until I had a chance to test this first.

Hopefully Andrew will be able to make some improvements to the product to make the day textures look a little more lively, and in my case tell me how to get Ft. Lauderdale to show up in the sim.

I have removed the .bgls and will wait to see what comes next. Thankfully I only spent $34 so it wasn't too much of a waste, but if I didn't have a lot of extra money to spare I would be pretty disappointed.

Regards
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:46:05 am by cmpbllsjc »

skimmer

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 05:42:25 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on those points. I have been interested in the project and looked forword to customer feed back just like this.I hope you posted all this on HIS website. Who knows Andrew might make all well for you and whoever else and all will turn out to be great purchase. Thanks cmpbllsjc.