Author Topic: FSDT and Addon Manager won't load  (Read 2572 times)

tnbriggs

FSDT and Addon Manager won't load
« on: February 09, 2021, 12:41:33 am »
Need some help getting FSDT and Addon Manager to work. I would like to be able to use the 4 different scenery packages I bought from FSDT. I've already searched the forum and tried the suggestions I've found there.

FSDT fails to load; Addon Manager fails to load; bglmanx.dll problem. Error prompts as follows:
1   Initially: "Windows has found a problem with this file. bglmanx.dll"
2   Susequently, after removing bglmanx.dll, bglmanx.dat, bglmanx_fsdt.dat & reinstalling KLAX v2. "Windows has found a problem with this file. bglmanx.dll  Publisher: Unknown Publisher". Clicked on unknown publisher and updated the certificate. Same result.
See attached screenshots.

Disabled anti-virus (MalwareBytes), same result. UAC turned off, same result. DEP excludes bglmanx.dll, same result. Copied blgmanx.dll from different computer, same result. Uninstalled all FSDT, GSX, etc. and reinstalled, same result.

FSX Add-in menu works with LvlD 767, iFly 737, FSUIPC and SODE is loaded, so I think the problem is with FSDT.

Setup: Windows 7 Pro SP1, 32 bit; FSX standard w/ SP1 & SP2.

Thanks for the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT and Addon Manager won't load
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 11:24:34 am »
2   Susequently, after removing bglmanx.dll, bglmanx.dat, bglmanx_fsdt.dat & reinstalling KLAX v2. "Windows has found a problem with this file. bglmanx.dll  Publisher: Unknown Publisher". Clicked on unknown publisher and updated the certificate. Same result.

All our executables ARE digitally signed so, if Windows says the publisher is unknown, it can only mean the digital signature of the DLL is not valid anymore, because the file has changed. The whole point of having a digital signature is precisely to be sure if a file on your system hasn't been altered.

The most likely reason for your file not being the one we distribute, is your antivirus has corrupted it trying to "heal" it from a non-existent virus. So, again, be absolutely sure your firewall is not blocking the FSDT Live Update, and be absolutely sure your antivirus is not touching the file.

If you still see the "unknown publisher" message, don't bother reporting it back and check the antivirus again, because the only possible reason ( other than a crack you installed or a REAL virus that is attaching to your executables ) for it is the file has been altered.

Windows 7 Pro SP1, 32 bit; FSX standard w/ SP1 & SP2.

This is also a problem, we stopped supporting Windows 7 in January 2020, which is 5 years after Microsoft ended support for it, and after even the Extended support for Windows 7 ended. This means, even if you manage to fix your antivirus problem that is altering the file, we cannot guaranteed it will ever work in Windows 7, since we not test for it anymore, and any update MS releases to the compilers that we use to make the products compatible with CURRENT OS, can break compatibility with our products at any time, and they probably already have.