Author Topic: refund for all my FSDT and Cloud9 products for FS9  (Read 2872 times)

redskin727

refund for all my FSDT and Cloud9 products for FS9
« on: January 21, 2021, 04:46:47 pm »
Hello, It has come to my attention that there is no longer a way to activate my FS9 FSDT or Cloud9 products, after I had to build a new system. My purchases have been within
the last couple of years. I have purchased KORD,KFLL,KDFW,KLAS and Cloud9 KLAX, F-104, F-4, and MB339. Since you no longer use Esellerate, and have not provided an
alternate method of activation, I feel that it is only right for you to refund the money spent on these products. Thank you. 

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: refund for all my FSDT and Cloud9 products for FS9
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 06:23:07 pm »
Or you could go to the following link, click e-mail license keys, enter the e-mail you used for those products, and you should get the new activation keys for your stuff, which falls under the category of providing an alternate method of activation.

https://qlm1.net/virtualisoftware/qlmcustomersite/
Captain Kevin

redskin727

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 07:45:35 pm »
Captain Kevin, Thank you very much for that link. My KORD,KDFW, and KFLL are active now. However, I purchased KLAS from FSPilot shop and I didn't receive a new key to activate it. Also, are
there new keys to activate my Cloud9 products? I really appreciate your help.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 08:19:23 pm »
Shoot an e-mail to support@virtualisoftware.com with your FS Pilot Shop order information, they should be able to sort it out. Whilst you're doing that, you might ask about your Cloud9 products since I have no information about that.
Captain Kevin

redskin727

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 08:30:50 pm »
Thank you for all your help, much appreciated!

redskin727

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 03:58:34 am »
I haven't had much luck in the past getting a response from support@virtualisoftware.com though. Seems like a longshot

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 04:54:14 am »
Umberto's usually good with responding, but he also lives in Switzerland, so time zone could be an issue. Otherwise just make sure it's not going into your spam.
Captain Kevin

redskin727

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 05:39:14 pm »
No response yet, hopefully soon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 02:13:54 pm »
What you wrote here is not very accurate, you said:

I have purchased KORD,KFLL,KDFW,KLAS and Cloud9 KLAX, F-104, F-4, and MB339. Since you no longer use Esellerate, and have not provided an
alternate method of activation
, I feel that it is only right for you to refund the money spent on these products.

Which of course is wrong, since we clearly provided an "alternate method of activation", which has been announced on our forum in 2019, a couple of months before Esellerate shut down its servers:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21083.msg143746.html#msg143746

This message has been sent to all registered forum users and, since you registered in 2012, you surely must have received it at that time. And, in fact, it seems you HAVE realized we DO provide an "alternate method of activation", since the very same day you posted this thread, you also sent an email to support, saying

"Hello, I received all my new FSDT product keys from SORACO, except for KLAS"

But, in that very same email, you also indicated your key for KLAS and, as explained above, an old Esellerate key CAN be activated on Soraco, because they recognize BOTH kind of keys so, you don't really need the new keys, although they might be easier to use, since they support offline activation too, which can be required if your firewall is blocking our software to access the internet ( when it doesn't, the activation is entirely automatic, even with an OLD key )

So I checked your old key on Soraco, and saw you HAVE successfully activated it the same day you posted this and wrote that email ( Jan 21th ), so I assumed you were all set, when FSDT products are concerned.

However, I also replied to that email this morning, saying we ALSO associated your email to the missing key for KLAS ( the one you bought from FS Pilot Shop ) so, in case you'll lose your key, you will now be able to retrieve it from the Soraco Self-Help site using your email AS IF you purchased it from FSDT.

So, when FSDT is concerned, I believe you have been serviced just fine, including the product you bought from the bankrupted site.

About Cloud9, that's an entirely different issue, which has been already discussed several times on this forum, which I also explained to you in my today's email:

At this moment, there's no way to activate Cloud9 products right now, because they should have signed with a new ecommerce provider after Esellerate closed in 2019, but since the former Cloud9 owners have quit the flight sim business more than 10 years ago, they surely haven't done that. Because of this, is not even possible to buy Cloud9 products now.

We have been trying to get hold of former Cloud9 owners, to ask permission to do something about, like automatically activating everything with no key, but haven't got any reply so far.

So yes, I kind agree that, when Cloud9 products are concerned, you should ask Cloud9 for a refund and, if you can get hold of them, I'd be happy to know how you managed to do that...

redskin727

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 05:43:16 pm »
Thank you Umberto, I must have missed the Esellerate closing email, my mistake. I am very happy with the service provided by FSDT, and I'm a huge fan of the products. I'm just waiting for
some decent add-on aircraft for MSFS to come out, then I will be purchasing that, and all the FSDT products again. Thanks again, and I appreciate your response.