Author Topic: Latest p3Dv5.1 crashing after installing gsx and O'Hare  (Read 2876 times)

elfynh

Latest p3Dv5.1 crashing after installing gsx and O'Hare
« on: April 04, 2021, 06:57:44 pm »
Hi guys

I have searched and tralled through loads of stuff on the net in an attempt to fix my issue but I don't seem to be getting anywhere so I was hopeing someone here could steer me in the right direction.

I got a new computer from Chillblast a couple of weeks ago and have been running P3Dv5.1 without issue. I have the latest P3dv5 installed on a clean computer and have done a few flights without any issues.
I decided to do a flight today EGLL-KORD. Whenever I do a new build in FSX/P3D I install all my aircraft etc but only install scenery as and when I fly into said scenery so as I was planning on flying into KORD today I went to install it but it told me I needed GSX installed. So I installed GSX and KORD and started P3D. I was surprised that I didn't get the permission questions for GSX/KORD on startup but P3D loaded to the start screen at which point I got a CTD.
The start screen loaded but none of the windows rendered (i.e the aircraft visual spinning) before it crashed.

I have uninstalled everything installed today (GSX and KORD) with no luck and looked at fsuipc as some articles pointed to an issue with that in the past.

I have seen that it would appear to not be a direct issue with Fsdreamteam items but something has been changed during the install of them that has messed everything up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Elfyn

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Latest p3Dv5.1 crashing after installing gsx and O'Hare
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 07:59:54 pm »
Check your NVidia drivers. If you have 465.89, this is the culprit.
Captain Kevin

elfynh

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 08:15:52 pm »
Kevin You are a star.
I wish I had asked sooner.

Thanks

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 09:36:54 pm »
I only knew this because this very issue was reported on the PMDG forum three days ago.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 09:40:56 am »
I have seen that it would appear to not be a direct issue with Fsdreamteam items but something has been changed during the install of them that has messed everything up.

Sure, you installed the latest nVidia drivers ( if you said that, we would replied much quicker ), which are well known to not work at all with P3D 5.1, there are many threads on LM forum about it:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=141909
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=141935
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=141936
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=141910

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 02:30:14 pm »
Sure, you installed the latest nVidia drivers ( if you said that, we would replied much quicker )
I actually responded 62 minutes after he posted, and he responded 16 minutes after I did. Not sure how much faster it could have gone.
Captain Kevin

bcm652

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 04:58:15 pm »
Which Navidia display adapters does this driver upgrade effect. I have a Navidia display adapter and I'm not having any problems, using FSX.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 05:32:39 pm »
Which Navidia display adapters does this driver upgrade effect. I have a Navidia display adapter and I'm not having any problems, using FSX.
If you aren't running into issues, you don't have much to worry about. This impacted people running P3D V5.
Captain Kevin