Author Topic: Crash to desktop after V1.2.0  (Read 2915 times)

rodbox44

Crash to desktop after V1.2.0
« on: January 16, 2021, 07:20:20 pm »
Really bad performance and crash to desktop after O'Hare update to v1.2.0 in  MSFS

rodbox44

Re: Crash to desktop after V1.2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 07:30:28 pm »
BTW i do not have Chicago landmarsk installed  thank you

sidfadc

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 05:14:24 pm »
Same here, just updated yesterday through Marketplace.  CTD repeatable every time I spawn in at the airport?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 01:41:05 pm »
I cannot replicate any crashes and Microsoft just updated to the latest version we also have on our site so, it's not an issue of the Marketplace having an outdated scenery, and they surely check for things so obvious like a crash on load before publishing so, clearly, it's not a scenery problem, it must be something else you have installed.

Do you have Navigraph Beta navaids installed maybe ? They are known to cause a problem of disappearing Arrivals ( even with the DEFAULT KORD and NO FSDT installed ) so, perhaps this might also causing a crash, likely when using an airplane that make use of them.

Fps is exactly the same as it always was, since the update added the new runway, and this caused ground textures to be updated, but we use exactly the same resolution as before so, it's not possible a different texture that just looks different (because of the new runway ) could possibly affect fps, considering it's exactly the same resolution as before.

We haven't added any extra detail, other then a few 3d taxi signs around the new runway but, considering the scenery already had thousands of small 3d objects, a dozen more 3d taxi sign would hardly make any difference on fps.

Find attached two screenshot close to the new runway, showing extremely good fps considering the size of the airport, both in High-End and Ultra settings.