Author Topic: Trees Everywhere at KSDF (MSFS) **SOLVED**  (Read 9750 times)

walt642

Re: Trees Everywhere at KSDF (MSFS)
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 05:56:36 pm »
I just purchased KSDF this morning and I am having the same problem. Trees everywhere ?
Hope we can find out what is going on.

FrankT

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 10:23:59 pm »
No tree problems here

jerleo

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 01:16:28 am »
I have trees everywhere also.  Reinstalled a couple of times with no success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 07:16:05 am »
It's seems this happens with other sceneries too, see this post on FlyTampa forum about "Trees on the runway at Sydney":

http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14365

A similar issue on Avsim, trees on runways at LVFR KSAN:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/593315-trees-on-runway/?tab=comments#comment-4449453

The author said he used a Tree mod, which is why I asked you to check for your add-ons.

This post here on MS Flight sim forums, reporting the problem happening randomly, including at DEFAULT KDFW:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/trees-randomly-generating-at-some-airports-where-they-dont-belong/322575

Last post on FlyTampa forum says they only see trees if using the sim in Offline mode. Are you using the sim in offline mode maybe ? Following FlyTampa forum suggestions, I am finally able to replicate the problem and, as in FlyTampa YSSY case, it only happens when BOTH these settings are unchecked in the Data settings:

"Bing Data World graphic" = OFF

"Photogrammetry = OFF

Unless both options are OFF, I cannot replicate the problem. This might suggest something is wrong related to the online data, most likely a simulator bug which for some reason happens only in some areas. KSDF lies in a Photogrammetry area, which we obviously excluded so, maybe, the exclusion doesn't work if there's nothing to exclude because photogrammetry is disabled in the settings.

Try these:

- If you have the Rolling cache enabled, try the Delete button. If that doesn't fix it, exist the sim, go in the %LOCALAPPDATA\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache and if you have a Rolling cache file there ( even if you disable the option in the sim, the file might be from a previous version of the sim ), remove it and restart the sim again.

- If that doesn't fix it, try to set both the above options to OFF, Apply the settings, then put them both back ON again and Apply again.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 07:24:09 am by virtuali »

lehbird

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 02:04:02 pm »
SOLVED- My "Bing Data World graphic" was set to OFF. I set to ON and all is now fine. I don't what it is set to by default, I don't recall ever adjusting previously and can't even find reference to it here in the forums. Either way, That you very much for your persistence, I do appreciate it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:32:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 03:33:26 pm »
I don't what it is set to by default, I don't recall ever adjusting previously

Is set depending on what you replied to a question about data usage which was made the first time you installed the sim. You can change it at any time, of course.