Author Topic: Trees Everywhere at KSDF (MSFS) **SOLVED**  (Read 9828 times)

lehbird

Trees Everywhere at KSDF (MSFS) **SOLVED**
« on: January 10, 2021, 10:39:22 pm »
Hello:

I just purchased and installed KSDF for MSFS and there trees everywhere through out the airport.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:32:17 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trees Everywhere at KSDF (MSFS)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 11:18:29 pm »
I cannot seem them, and we surely haven't placed any. Do you have some freeware add-on that "fixed" trees in some way ?

lehbird

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 11:35:37 pm »
No, to be clear the trees are everywhere. see attached...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 01:33:28 pm »
No, to be clear the trees are everywhere. see attached...

I can't see anything like that, and nobody else has reported it. However, I read that other users in other airports had a similar issue, and it was caused by a freeware "tree fix", that's why I asked.

What's your graphic settings for grass/vegetation ?

lehbird

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 02:18:23 pm »
I will have to look when I am home, but bottom line, without your Addon, KSDF looks fine; with you add on, KSDF looks like this while other airports look fine.

lehbird

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 02:41:12 pm »
Trees are HIGH, Grass and bushes MEDIUM. Just uninstalled and reinstalled, but same result.

Er!k

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 04:00:56 pm »
Try to rule out other sceneries by taking them temporarily out of the community folder, and restart the sim only with FSDT KSDF installed...

lehbird

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 04:04:05 pm »
Try to rule out other sceneries by taking them temporarily out of the community folder, and restart the sim only with FSDT KSDF installed...

I don't have any other sceneries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 04:08:21 pm »
Trees are HIGH, Grass and bushes MEDIUM. Just uninstalled and reinstalled, but same result.

Since the problem is not caused by our scenery, it's normal you won't see any difference by reinstalling it.

but bottom line, without your Addon, KSDF looks fine; with you add on, KSDF looks like this while other airports look fine.

That doesn't mean the problem is *caused* by the airport. If another scenery you installed has done something like reused the guids of standard objects we use and other scenery don't, and replace them with their trees, you would see exactly that: trees ( they should be trees ) on our scenery that will disappear if you remove it, but the problem is the *other* scenery that has done that.

Here's a video I just made to prove the problem doesn't happen, even with different settings ( same as yours, all to Ultra, then back to same as yours )

So, what you should really do, is remove *every* add-on from the Community folder ( just MOVE them out, so it's extremely easy to restore them ) EXCEPT KSDF, and try again.

Then, add each add-on back, one by one, until you'll find the culprit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 04:13:03 pm »
I don't have any other sceneries.

I find that hard to believe: you don't have anything in the Community folder ( not necessarily sceneries ), other than KSDF ? If yes, try to remove the CONTENT.XML file in one of these places:

%LOCALAPPDATA\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\   ( MS Store version )
%APPDATA\Microsoft FlightSimulator\LocalCache\Packages\ ( Steam version )

MSFS will recreate a new CONTENT.XML on the next start, which will contain only the sceneries you have installed at this time.

lehbird

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 04:20:24 pm »
Just removed EVERYTHING from the Community folder except for KSDF and still have the trees.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 04:28:05 pm by lehbird »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 04:31:44 pm »
Just removed EVERYTHING from the Community folder except for KSDF and still have the trees.

The name of your folder containing your user account seem strange, as if your user account is corrupted somehow ( because it starts with a guid instead of your name ).

lehbird

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 04:45:46 pm »

The name of your folder containing your user account seem strange, as if your user account is corrupted somehow ( because it starts with a guid instead of your name ).

I did the default installation of MSFS; no adjustments. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2021, 04:58:08 pm »
I did the default installation of MSFS; no adjustments. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

I wasn't referring to your MSFS installation, but rather your Windows account, which seem to indicate something very unusual, the account name usually looks like that when you reinstall Windows without reformatting, and try to access the files for a previous user. That's just an example but, clearly something is strange in your user account.

I think I provide several things to try, for example removing the CONTENT.XML file, have you tried that ?

lehbird

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2021, 05:27:34 pm »

I wasn't referring to your MSFS installation, but rather your Windows account, which seem to indicate something very unusual, the account name usually looks like that when you reinstall Windows without reformatting, and try to access the files for a previous user. That's just an example but, clearly something is strange in your user account.

I think I provide several things to try, for example removing the CONTENT.XML file, have you tried that ?

I think I have now done everything you have asked. Attached is my content.xml file which I believe shows your software is the only add on in place.