Author Topic: 07R/07L/06R/06L primary problems  (Read 2536 times)

Hawaiianstyle78

07R/07L/06R/06L primary problems
« on: December 28, 2020, 07:29:54 pm »
Why are the ai aircraft and also my aircraft assigned to 07L 07R 06L 06R for takeoffs and landings? I tested with no weather addon and it designates these. I activated ActiveskyP3dV4 and atc still designates these runways with real weather. I even went into the ADE app and changed the runways 07/06's from primary to secondary and 24/25's show as primary and ai and myself and atc still designates 06/07. that is completely wrong ! at KLAX right now 24/25 are takeoff and landing . its raining now and wind is coming from the west Pacific ocean. what is wrong with this afcad or KLAX addon ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 07R/07L/06R/06L primary problems
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 10:02:28 am »
that is wrong with this afcad or KLAX addon ?

There's nothing wrong with the AFCAD, as you can check very easily with the same ADE program you said you used. As you can see there, ALL runways are opened for both take-offs and landing, at least this is how they are in the AFCAD we supplied the scenery with.

You said you modified it, and it's still "wrong" and this should have proven to you that, the problem is not how we made the AFCAD, but the thing is not entirely under your (or our) control, but in fact is more complex than it seems and just closing or opening a runway doesn't have the effect you expect, which is why we keep them all open by default.

The method the sim uses to assign a runway is based on a COMBINATION of factors, with wind being a factor only if it's higher than a certain amount, otherwise the runway length and the presence of an ILS will get priority.

And if you are using a 3rd party weather engine, this might complicate things, since you cannot be sure if weather set using Simconnect is read instantly by the ATC engine so it can change the runway assignment in time.

Of course, nothing we can control from the scenery AFCAD, as you seems to have realized here and nothing else in the scenery other than the AFCAD runways has any effect on the runway assignment so no, the scenery doesn't have anything "wrong".