Author Topic: Jetway not operating in P3D V5.1  (Read 3742 times)

sherifi1

Jetway not operating in P3D V5.1
« on: December 19, 2020, 12:49:34 pm »
Good day,

Please help with the attached issue

When i choose operate jetway or deboarding/boarding option, the jetway turns left as shown in the attached picture and stops like that

Other services are working normal though..

I've tried updating GSX to the latest version and reinstalling several times

Please advise a solution

Thanks
Sherif

gaga006

Re: Jetway not operating in P3D V5.1
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 06:09:17 pm »
Same here.. did you fix it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 06:46:33 pm »
- configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- run the FSDT Live Update

- be sure SODE is installed correctly. Eventually, uninstall SODE, download the latest version and reinstall it.

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

gaga006

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 07:11:07 pm »
I'll try it and let you know, many thanks, grazie mille !

gaga006

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 11:21:53 pm »
I've uninstalled and re installed evry thing, jetway still going to the opposite side of the aircraft... HELP

noahpyle044

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 04:05:24 am »
I have done all of these steps as well and nothing happens. It seems like this is a common issue that no one knows how to fix, unfortunately. But if you figure it out, please share!

noahpyle044

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 04:22:13 pm »
I've uninstalled and re installed evry thing, jetway still going to the opposite side of the aircraft... HELP

I believe I have fixed this problem. This worked for me, but I can't guarantee it will for work for you and everyone else. My Lockheed Martin folder was located in my Program Files folder, while my Addon Manager folder was located in my Program Files (x86) folder. I moved the Lockheed Martin folder into the Program Files (x86) folder (the same folder that contains the Addon Manager folder), started up P3D (v5.1), and the jetways and everything else worked just fine. Hope that helps!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 01:05:43 pm »
I moved the Lockheed Martin folder into the Program Files (x86) folder (the same folder that contains the Addon Manager folder), started up P3D (v5.1), and the jetways and everything else worked just fine.

Although I can understand why someone might be mislead assuming the "Program Files (x86)" and the "Program Files" folders might be "different", and dedicated to either 32 bit programs and 64 bit programs, these are just conventions, the folders behaves exactly the same and have the same permission sets and, in fact, our software has both 32 bit and 64 bit versions, but the only thing that matters is which executable is being launched, not the folder in which they are installed so, we install them in a single folder to make it easier to update.

What really fixed it in your case, was reinstalling the sim, since I hope with "moved" the LM folder, you mean you uninstalled and reinstalled in the new folder, because just moving the sim folder should never be done, because it would break all the various registry keys which were set on the installation.

So, if you uninstalled/reinstalled it, what really fixed the problem was the reinstallation process, which does further check to be sure all various libraries ( VC++, Simconnect, etc. ) are installed and updated, and it also recompiles the shader cache, which sometimes helps with any graphic problem.

Although nothing in our software requires to install the sim anywhere else than the default folder in C:\Program Files, I personally prefer to install outside of it, C:\Prepar3D V4, or C:\Prepar3D V5. Not because our software requires it, but because OTHER products might have issues, especially those that install inside the simulator folder, which has additional permission locks added by Windows, just because it's located under C:\Program Files ( or x86, it's the same ), since these two are special folders.

So, to be sure I won't be confused by issues caused by add-ons that installs "inside" the sim own folder and need to write there (not allowed by Windows), I always install outside of it, even if our software doesn't have any problems with the default.

gaga006

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 06:35:28 pm »
Ok, I did what you told, but nothing helped. I réinstaller everything 3 times and my jetways are still not working at all, still jumping left up side. The support you provide is very bad, because, in my opinion you don't take time to understand or explain things correctly. You still saying it's not FSDT's fault but actually it does seem to be yours cause everything works but the jetway. I did what the tutorials wants me to do, but still not working.
Many other users have issues with this software (which is a good one) but you don't help us. I want now to be refunded because i purchased it two weeks ago and i never used it properly. I'm not satisfied at all

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 12:07:28 am »
The support you provide is very bad, because, in my opinion you don't take time to understand or explain things correctly.

The support I give is fast, correct and I always explain, even about things ( see the above post ) that are not supposed to be part of our support, but are general OS usage suggestions.

You still saying it's not FSDT's fault but actually it does seem to be yours cause everything works but the jetway.

I'm not just "saying", I'm explaining, and I collect other users reports and how they solved it, and I follow up with further explanations.

See the last post before yours, for example, this user fixed it by changing the simulator installation folder. Of course, just changing the folder is not what really fixed it, it was the reinstall process, which fixed some things which were wrong in his *SIMULATOR* installation, which of course proves GSX was never the problem to begin with.

Want another example ? Here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25180.msg166148.html#msg166148

Another case of jetways not working, solved by uninstalling/reinstalling SODE. The user followed my suggestions, and of course it worked for him, and he was kind enough to end the thread with a:

BTW: Want to express here my gratitude for your support (as always)

So much for the "bad support"...

Another example of non-working jetways ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25202.0.html

Jetways didn't work because SODE wasn't activated in the sim.

Another example ? Jetways rotated backward:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25156.0.html

Of course, it wasn't a GSX problem, it was the original scenery that had some jetways rotated 180 degrees in some parking spot. The users was directed to LEARN how to fix this in GSX ( yes, GSX can be used to fix scenery mistakes too ) and again, the user was kind enough to end the thread with:

Hi Umberto, Thanks so much for your efforts and help on this. I learned even more with your directions, cool!

So much for the "bad support",  and NONE of this threads ( I only picked the most recent ones related to problems with Jetways ) ended indicating the problem had anything to do with GSX.

gaga006

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 01:59:39 am »
Well, As I told I did everything you told me to do, spent many hours on forums to find a solution and uninstalled and reinstalled EVERYTHING three times but...... still the same so the problem definitely comes from your software. I don’t want to waste time on forums and I’m not an engineer, reason why I needed help.
Listen, it seems like my post made you nervous, that wasn’t the point. I told you I was BOTH disappointed by your support and the product, reasons why I want to be refunded. Nothing personal, you’re doing your best I have no doubt about it but the thing is you did not bring any solution to my problem nor trying to understand it so... I could have quoted lots of people not happy with the support but in don’t think this will be very useful so... I spent money to buy something to have fun with and I thought I could trust your company in case of malfunction, but once again I’m disappointed of that, reason why I don’t want to use any soft from your company. Nothing personal,  just cancel my licence and accept the refund please. Thanks

gaga006

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 04:20:58 pm »
Because I’m not stubborn, I just tried once again today. I removed SODE and updated it (Because it’s obviously not GSX’s fault)... and... wait for it... such a surprise !!! Thanks for your fast and accurate help sir...

Please just refund me and basta, I’m fed up with all of this.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2021, 09:59:38 pm »
Because I’m not stubborn, I just tried once again today. I removed SODE and updated it (Because it’s obviously not GSX’s fault)... and... wait for it... such a surprise !!! Thanks for your fast and accurate help sir...

Yes, of course it's not GSX's fault. And yes, of course my reply is both fast and accurate. And yes, uninstalling reinstalling SODE usually fixes this, but not always, but that still doesn't automatically mean it's "GSX's fault" or my reply wasn't fast or accurate.

So, assuming you did everything right uninstalling/reinstalling SODE, we'll go to another possible solution:

- Configure your antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder

- Run the FSDT Live Update and try again.

- If it happens again, check if SODE is still running.