Author Topic: KORD Missing 10/28C, 9/27C and ALL STAR Data  (Read 6846 times)

windowseat73

KORD Missing 10/28C, 9/27C and ALL STAR Data
« on: December 07, 2020, 03:38:59 pm »
Hi there,

I don't know what went wrong after the last MSFS update, but these runways aren't showing up in nav data, nor are the ILS for them. There are also NO STARS available for KORD either. I reached out to Navigraph about this, but they say it's something related to MSFS problems.

The scenery is magnificent outside of these glitches. Is this something you can fix, or is it an ASOBO issue?

Thanks,

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD Missing 10/28C, 9/27C and ALL STAR Data
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 10:12:37 am »
If with "last update", you mean the hotfix that has been released yesterday, I can't see how it could possibly affect navdata, since it doesn't download anything related to that, just a fix for the main program to fix crashes with some 3rd party airplanes.

If with "last update", instead, you mean the one *before* that, it has updated the Navdata, but it hasn't affected KORD.

In any case, I cannot reproduce the problem, see the attached screenshot, which shows RWY 28C working normally, including STAR and Approach, and you can see the simulator is the very latest version released yesterday.

You mentioned Navigraph so, the real problem here is that, for some reason, updating the Navdata using Navigraph has caused a problem that doesn't happen normally.

MAYBE it's related to the fact latest AIRAC added the new RWY 9C, which is not there in the scenery ( yet, we are working on it right now ), but it's difficult to say why this affected other runways without looking at the data from Navigraph.

We found a strange glitch in the sim that, if a runway doesn't include its Start position, it disappears from the map, and THIS happened after a recent update, so perhaps if Navigraph is removing the start positions without redefining them, they are making the runways disappear, but only at 3rd party airports that redefined the runway and their starts on their own.

windowseat73

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 02:19:29 am »
Thanks for the reply and the information. I heard back from Navigraph as well, and they say that until the 9/27C is added in the sim (either through MSFS or FSDT), all Arrival/Departure procedures will not work at the airport. I guess that is the same for any airport too.

KORD is by far the best scenery I've ever bought- simply beautiful. I had all of your products for P3D, but never KORD. This blew me away. I hope we can get 9/27C soon.

Thanks for your hard work and continued development in MSFS

Cheers,

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 09:49:40 am »
KORD is by far the best scenery I've ever bought- simply beautiful. I had all of your products for P3D, but never KORD. This blew me away. I hope we can get 9/27C soon.

Yes, we are working on it right now.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 09:00:39 pm »
Thanks for the update.  I, too, am affected by the issue and will miss using KORD until an update to the issue is released.  It especially looks great flying into with Drzeweicki's Chicago scenery!  You guys do superb work on your airports.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 04:22:05 pm »

Yes, we are working on it right now.

Hey bud, this was working beautifully and now two days in a row I can't get any arrivals to show up at KORD in the MSFS flight planner (only "Direct").  I've updated using your updater a few times the past few days (I routinely check all the updates on all add-ons at once any time at least one is updated).  I have ALL your MSFS airports. 

Don't imagine it's related, but, this happened after I installed LFSB and ran the updater after that installation.  And, of course Asobo had a small update a few days ago as well that should NOT have affected your KORD I wouldn't think, but...  Just giving you a heads up.  I'll look daily to see if the arrivals show up again but for now they are missing (also can't choose departure runway/ORD7 departure like before).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 04:59:51 pm »
Hey bud, this was working beautifully and now two days in a row I can't get any arrivals to show up at KORD in the MSFS flight planner (only "Direct"). 

A clarification: KORD doesn't include or redefine ANY departure or arrivals. It relies on the fact they work from the default database, and we explicitly don't remove any of them. When we updated the new runway, we ONLY added the Approaches for them, not touched anything else.

I tried it now, and they work normally, see the attached screenshot.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 07:15:03 pm »
Hmmm...I'll check again in a bit.  Perhaps it was a temporary glitch!  ???  Thank you for the fast response...I'll report back either way.  If you're seeing it, I should be too for sure.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 08:27:23 pm »
Well, still the same for me...only Direct departures and approaches after MSFS restart.  I have no idea.  I'll do some checking on stuff.  The only things I've done since my last perfect use of your KORD is: 1) update MSFS (didn't have a choice on that); 2) buy your LFSB and ran updater for all FSDT airports (there was a new library file D/L for KORD for whatever its worth); 3) bought Orbx KHVN; 4) checked for updates for all other add-on airports (Contrail for LVFR and FlightBeam, Aerosoft for theirs, and OrbxCentral); 4) downloaded and updated the FBW A32NX with the new installer (this morning). 

Everything else seems to be fine except KORD all of a sudden.  Flew KIAD-KHVN, KORD-KLAS, and now flying KDEN-KATL.

I'm not saying you did anything, believe me...I'm just brainstorming here with someone who's more of an expert in what may conflict than me.  Since nothing I've done except run FSDT updater should TOUCH KORD, obviously that's my first logical guess, especially since it did download a new file.  I may try and run again later just to see...

If I find anything else out, I'll report back.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 01:41:44 am »
I am completely at a loss here.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled KORD just in case.  After new FSDT update...no dice.  Taking your word that you guys don't create those NAV procedures, I assumed maybe something happened on the MSFS update that undid the last Navigraph update, so I uninstalled and updated those procedures...still no departures or arrivals.  All the gates show up and runways for selecting, but no STARs or the ORD7 vector departures...all gone.

Any ideas of anything else that may affect those at this one airport only (that I'm aware - all other tried have worked even just randomly pulling them up in the world map view)? :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 12:01:19 pm »
It seem both of you use Navigraph navdata for MSFS. That seems the only thing different here.

I guess Navigraph DOES come with Arrivals and Departures, and previous replies from Navigraph indicated they knew they might not work if the scenery was missing runways, but that shouldn't be a problem anymore, since the scenery now DOES have all the current runways.

The only things sure here are:

- The scenery now has all the runways updated.

- The scenery doesn't include any Arrivals/Departures on its own, it's supposed to use whatever data is available for that airport, either from default or from a 3rd party navdata. The only addition we made to the navdata, were the Approaches for the new runways, which are missing from the default database.

- The Arrivals/Departures work just fine with the default navdata installed.

So, I suspect a problem in Navigraph so, as a Navigraph subscriber, I downloaded the MSFS Beta, and installed it and, guess what, the Arrivals disappear Even with FSDT KORD REMOVED

See the first attached screenshot, which shows the same test as before ( IFR Flight plan from KSDF to KORD ), this time using the *DEFAULT* KORD from MSFS ( as you can see, it lacks the new runways 9C/27C ), but with Navigraph installed: the only Arrival in the list is "Direct"

As you can see in the 2nd screenshot, the problem is exactly the same with Navigraph installed and FSDT KORD ( RWY 27C is there ), no Arrivals are available.

I already posted the screenshot with arrivals working with FSDT KORD and No Navigraph data installed, no need to repost it again so, it seems it doesn't make any difference is FSDT KORD is installed or not, as long as Navigraph is installed, Arrivals will stop to work, even with the default KORD from Asobo.

windowseat73

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 09:22:26 am »
Try removing and reinstalling Navigraph data through the installer, after you update the scenery. The STARS work for me. No SIDS- but there really aren't any complex SIDS out of KORD anyway.

The only other problem is that the 10/29C and 9/27C don't have the "C" designation in the FMC- I'm guessing some kind of Navigraph or Asobo glitch. There's L, R and just simply 9/27 or 10/28, but they are the Center runways in the scenery.

Happy flying, and thanks for the update with the new runway!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 11:08:13 am by virtuali »

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 10:35:29 pm »
Try removing and reinstalling Navigraph data through the installer, after you update the scenery. The STARS work for me. No SIDS- but there really aren't any complex SIDS out of KORD anyway.

The only other problem is that the 10/29C and 9/27C don't have the "C" designation in the FMC- I'm guessing some kind of Navigraph or Asobo glitch. There's L, R and just simply 9/27 or 10/28, but they are the Center runways in the scenery.

Happy flying, and thanks for the update with the new runway!

Yeah, I did that...thanks.  I'm definitely thinking this has something to do with Navigraph but I don't think they know either...several people talking about this on the forum.  I had the current AIRAC installed and this airport worked GREAT.  I changed nothing except that pesky Asobo mini-update that was supposedly a nav update and BOOM...STARs gone.  If I had to guess, they're a cycle behind and once they update again they'll magically return.  I'm using the Navigraph beta so I wouldn't hazard a guess as to how the two play together but obviously somehow they do or Asobo wouldn't have to update jack (it would rest in the Navigraph software).  All I can do is wait and see...no one has acknowledged responsibility and a fix yet.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 01:09:46 am »
OK Chicago fliers, here's the fix!  FFR, it was the NAV update from Asobo that caused the glitch, and I guess this didn't happen to everyone.  Apparently, my KORD was a higher priority in the appropriate XML, which caused it to ignore the updated nav data.  By simply moving the KORD lines above the nav data line, it took a higher priority and thus it's back in the map!!  Just in case someone else runs into this.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/no-stars-into-kord/3939/5