Author Topic: Issue with LittleNavMap functionality and FSDT KORD  (Read 2768 times)

sidfadc

Issue with LittleNavMap functionality and FSDT KORD
« on: November 29, 2020, 04:46:26 pm »
So I bought KORD from the official marketplace yesterday.  There is functionality included where LNM marks all addon airports with a yellow circle on the World map, a nifty little feature for flight planning purposes.  However I noticed this was not working with FSDT KORD.  So I posted this in the LNM forum.

I've bought KPDX (Flightbeam) and KORD (FSDreamTeam) from the Official marketplace.  Using the latest BETA after refreshing my scenery library neither of these airports have the yellow circle around them so aren't showing as addon airports?  All other 3rd party airports from ORBX, freeware and the handcrafted official ones are showing as a yellow circle.  I find this feature incredibly useful in flight planning - any idea why the FSDT airports are not tagged as addon airports?

EDIT:  After comparing the path's of an airport which does have a yellow circle, I can see LNM is looking for the BGL in \Scenery but it appears this doesn't exist in the FSDT addons??

I got this reply from the developer...
Add-ons using the .fsarchive encrypted format are not supported. Little Navmap will show only the stock airport instead of the add-on if a package is locked down like this.  Sorry, I cannot show these if developers lock their stuff down with some kind digital restriction management.

My reply was...
Ah thank you I guess this will be the case for any airports purchased from the official marketplace?  
Second question why would they be “encrypted” anyway??

Response from Developer
Right and perfectly valid question. I don't understand this.

I have this same issue with Flightbeam KPDX.  I believe LNM is looking an airport BGL which it can't find.  If I look in \Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fsdreamteam-airport-kord-chicago-ohare\scenery I can see a file called Bgl.fsarchive

Is this format forced on 3rd party devs through the official Marketplace?
Would I have the same issue if I bought direct from FSDT or Simmarket?

As a final point all my ORBX, Freeware and even the handcrafted airports direct from MSFS do not suffer this same issue??

EDIT: APOLOGIES JUST REALISED I DIDN'T POST THIS IN THE MSFS KORD THREAD?  CAN THIS BE MOVED PLEASE
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 05:27:04 pm by sidfadc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issue with LittleNavMap functionality and FSDT KORD
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 11:34:53 am »
Is this format forced on 3rd party devs through the official Marketplace?

Yes, we don't have any control over it. We send the unencrypted package to Microsoft, and it appears encrypted on the MS Marketplace.

Would I have the same issue if I bought direct from FSDT or Simmarket?

No. We explained it here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24167.msg160563.html#msg160563

sidfadc

Re: Issue with LittleNavMap functionality and FSDT KORD
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 09:45:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply Umberto!  It begs the question WHY things are encrypted from the official marketplace if functionality is reduced in terms of 3rd party apps (ie LittleNavMap).  To be honest I've been leaning towards buying all content officially just to prevent the nightmare task of keeping track of all vendors, live update utilities etc because its a pain in the backside having to log everything so I can backtrack for updates. 

However with this information I may well have to revert to type and ditch the official marketplace is everything is encrypted!