Author Topic: CS L-1011 P3D4 Airplane Cfg  (Read 4483 times)

vc-10man

CS L-1011 P3D4 Airplane Cfg
« on: August 23, 2019, 01:42:47 pm »
Could someone kindly point me to a CS L-1011 cfg as I picked this aircraft up a couple of days ago but am having problems getting the ground services to align properly at the correct doors, e.g. the catering trucks, etc.

Or, if there isn't one, could somebody kind enough with infinitely more skills than I create Confiig File, please?

Thanks.

vc-10man

Re: CS L-1011 P3D4 Airplane Cfg
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 12:30:28 am »
Mods-----you can clear this post as I figured it out myself, seeing there was nothing forthcoming here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:24:40 pm »
You mean reading the manual that explained how to configure an airplane didn't help ? It would be useful to know which parts of the GSX manual related to the aircraft customization are not clear to you: there's always room for improvements in the documentation

vc-10man

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 11:27:31 pm »
I just looked into one of your earlier replies, for this aircraft then worked my way around the Cfg settings, and then did a 'trial+error' till I got to see what I wanted to see as regards the catering service vehicle.

Just need to add the front passenger aircraft baggage loader, and tweak the refueller raising his fuel-hose to plug into the underwing,and I have more or less cracked it for this aircraft.

CorbiniansBear

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 08:05:04 am »
I have a setup I'm pretty happy with in P3Dv5 for the demo GSX, but here's the problem. For example, Shift+E 2 doesn't open the second passenger door, which is pretty important. It opens the escape door above the flight deck! So I have everything lined out nicely, but in use things get fouled up because GSX wants me to open Exit 2 before it will load cargo and board. So, I have passengers climbing through the escape door, which is really distracting during preflight! I can open the second passenger door (immediately in front of the port wing) through their SimIcons, but that doesn't help because GSX doesn't recognize whatever they've done. Politely requesting a solution or workaround so I can give the demo another try. It was very nice. Ideally, I would like to be able to load pax through the second door and not get the hang-up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 01:13:44 am »
but here's the problem. For example, Shift+E 2 doesn't open the second passenger door, which is pretty important. It opens the escape door above the flight deck! So I have everything lined out nicely, but in use things get fouled up because GSX wants me to open Exit 2 before it will load cargo and board.

It seems that:

- You are using a 3rd party airplane that has an unusual door arrangement

- You haven't read the GSX manual, which explain what to do to configure any airplane with the door configuration it expects.

GSX comes with some pre-made customization for popular payware airplanes, but if can be configured to work with any airplane, using the included customization editor.

CorbiniansBear

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 06:20:27 am »
Which is why I brought the issue here. I am familiar with the 3D configurator, and it works very well. Getting the codes used for various doors took visits to the Captain Sim forum, where the ever-helpful Markoz provided me with one. My original 3D configurator work had produced spectacular results. Having one of the designer codes let me figure out what the other doors are called. (I'm just not equal to the task of digging that out of the code myself.) Please don't assume I have not read the manual. But understanding it and learning how to do things again after a six year absence from the hobby is a steep curve. Now, I have a very nice config with only one problem to solve: how to get stairs to door number three. I got the positions from the 3D configurator, and was able to get everything working save the one door just using that. Now, with more information, I have done a more elegant job. It's done in the same format, assuming door number three follows the same naming convention. But only two stairs appear at the modified stand, 21 at EGGW.

[exit1]
pos = -2.50 21.77 -0.16 10.50
code = 1
name = Exit 1L
embeddedStair = 0

[exit2]
pos = -3.18 7.20 -0.11 -3.50
code = (L:PassDoor2, bool)
name = Exit 2L
embeddedStair = 0

[exit3]
pos = -3.11 -8.57 -0.05 0.00
code = (L:PassDoor3, bool)
name = Exit 3L
embeddedStair = 0

[exit4]
remove = 1

Don't be so defensive. I enjoyed your product in FSX and it's mind-blowing to see passengers going up the stairs on "insane" mode without a hiccup. (Maybe a bit too insane.) I easily configured a stand at Luton. I'm enjoying the process, not criticizing your product either expressly or by implication. Maybe you can spot something I've done wrong in the sequence and offer a suggestion. If not, that's okay, too. I'll figure it out because I like GSX 2. In fact, checks aren't that important to me, since I enjoy managing things, and I haven't seen a picture of an L1011 loading with three stairs anyway. When it's two, it's main and the second door. The simplest solution for me is the easiest, accomplished solely with the 3D configurator. There. Fixed.

[exit1]
pos = -2.50 21.77 -0.16 10.50
code = 0
embeddedStair = 0

[exit2]
pos = -3.18 7.20 -0.11 -3.50
code = 0
embeddedStair = 0

[exit3]
remove = 1

[exit4]
remove = 1