Author Topic: [MSFS] Very happy - Same FPS as default scenery  (Read 2506 times)

Tetrachromat

[MSFS] Very happy - Same FPS as default scenery
« on: November 06, 2020, 11:06:55 pm »
Downloaded LFSB for MSFS yesterday. Before I installed the scenery I did take some notes of frame rates around default LFSB.

I was really amazed after installation to see the same frame rates. How do you do that? Incredible work.

One point I need to mention ist that the symbolic link used to link the installation directory to the Community directory is of type JUNCTION. This is "old fashioned" (a legacy from Windows 2000). I recommend to use the SYMLINKD type. This way the link works also across volumes. I replaced that link. It also gives the possibility to manage the link via 'MSFS Addons Linker' (https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: [MSFS] Very happy - Same FPS as default scenery
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 01:05:14 am »
I was really amazed after installation to see the same frame rates. How do you do that? Incredible work.

We take optimization seriously. We hope you like the scenery...

One point I need to mention ist that the symbolic link used to link the installation directory to the Community directory is of type JUNCTION. This is "old fashioned" (a legacy from Windows 2000). I recommend to use the SYMLINKD type. This way the link works also across volumes.

Directory Junctions DO work across volumes ( hard links don't, which we don't use ), they just don't work on SMB network shares, which we don't think it's a very common ( or recommended ) usage case for MSFS add-on.