Author Topic: reinstallment failed totally  (Read 15244 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: reinstallment failed totally
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 10:46:06 pm »
Don't you think, that in a case like mine an appropriate solution would be, just to deliver the same software (that was paid already) to the customer once again and free of charge this time? This, as you know, would cost FSDT not a single penny.
Deliver what software. It's being updated constantly, especially GSX, so I must be missing something here.
And just in case, that Windows 7 really could cause this kind of trouble, an honourable merchant - and this I am telling you as a lawyer - would give a warning to the customers on his homepage before they buy and pay the software.
I looked at the product page, and it already says on the individual product pages that Windows 8.1 is the minimum supported operating system. I don't really know what other warning you could want. A pop-up box? A video? Song and dance? As for doing it before you purchase the software, FSDreamteam already gives you a trial version before you buy it, so if an individual user doesn't try it before they buy it, that's on them at that point. I don't see how this would help you anyway since from what you said, you bought these products in 2016. Esellerate closed down last year, and Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 in January, so I don't know how they would be able to predict back in 2016 that that would happen.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 12:30:02 am »
Don't you think, that in a case like mine an appropriate solution would be, just to deliver the same software (that was paid already) to the customer once again and free of charge this time?

What do you mean with "the same software" ? As I've said, even if you got hold of an old installer, the problem is that, due to the closure of Esellerate, you will never be able to activate it, since the Esellerate servers are no more. I'll try to explain it again:

- An old version of the software, which MIGHT still work with Windows 7, can only activate on Esellerate. Esellerate doesn't exist anymore.

- You CAN activate the software on the new server, which recognize your existing key, but for that you need the current version of the software. That doesn't run on Windows 7.

And just in case, that Windows 7 really could cause this kind of trouble, an honourable merchant - and this I am telling you as a lawyer - would give a warning to the customers on his homepage before they buy and pay the software.

Of course we do, here's the products descriptions, which we updated in January 2020, as soon Windows 7 went completely out of support from Microsoft.

KMEM
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_kmem.html

System Requirements:

FSX+SP2 minimum, or FSX+Acceleration Pack or FSX:Steam Edition, or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D ( the latest version of every supported major release, for example 3.4 in P3D4 or 4.4 in P3D4 ). Windows 8.1 is the minimum supported OS.

GSX
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx_level2.html

System Requirements:

FSX+SP2 minimum, or FSX+Acceleration Pack or FSX:Steam Edition, or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D ( the latest version of every supported major release, for example 3.4 in P3D4 or 4.4 in P3D4 ). Windows 8.1 is the minimum supported OS.

But we know not everybody reads the product description, so we do even more, we offer all our products in TRIAL VERSION, what's better than that, to prevent somebody discovering the program might have problem with his system ?

If I made a conscious decision to keep using an OS which has been considered obsolete since 2015 and went entirely out of support this year, I would probably MAKE USE of Trial versions, when offered. You know, when the developer is "honorable" enough to let you TRY before purchase. Not everybody does that...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:34:36 am by virtuali »

HB-ESY

• Best workingplace ever..
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 04:32:17 pm »
does this mean that all windows 7 users will NOT be able to make updates that you release in the future? :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 05:01:35 pm »
does this mean that all windows 7 users will NOT be able to make updates that you release in the future? :o

Please don't post the same question twice. I already replied in the other identical message you posted in another thread.

Claus

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 03:15:34 pm »
To whom it may concern

So, I'm afraid you don't have many choice other than update to Windows 10, if you want to continue to use our products.

Your arguments and proposals in mind, I have updated the machine to Windows 10 yesterday. The new operating system runs perfectly, but not so your software. Nothing has changed. The Addon Manager is installed, but it doesn't appear in FSX's "addons" menue (only the SODE thing, as mentioned earlier). Your sceneries don't show up, even not for a few minutes trial period.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2020, 04:29:50 pm »
The Addon Manager is installed, but it doesn't appear in FSX's "addons" menue (only the SODE thing, as mentioned earlier).

You still have the same problem as before, the software hasn't loaded.

If you absolutely sure your antivirus is properly configured, and your firewall is not blocking the download, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Even if the title says P3D4, the solutions are valid for FSX as well.

Claus

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2021, 11:48:59 pm »
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Believe me or not, from one day to the other and without changing anything of hardware and software, after one and a half years of frustration, yesterday I installed all of my FSDT airports successfully - and the addon-manager showed up. I have no idea what the reason was.

But it teaches me one more time: NEVER GIVE UP!

Cheers
Claus