Author Topic: ZurichX Strange ATC behaviour  (Read 6449 times)

stumar

ZurichX Strange ATC behaviour
« on: December 04, 2009, 08:55:02 pm »
Hi

Very nice scenery! Very well done!

I have a strange happening tho, i was cleared to take of on R34 but AI aircraft were landing 16!! I think the pilot of the Swiss A340 i went head on with got a bit of a fright!
Also it appeared that it didnt take into consideration the wind direction, R34 had a tail wind!

Is there a updated AFCAD for ZurichX?

Regards

Stuart

duckbilled

Re: ZurichX Strange ATC behaviour
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:16:09 pm »
I am also looking for an updated AFCAD that has airline assignments. Or, if someone has an source for the gate assignment I can set them up myself.

Thanks,
Jeff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:49:03 pm »
The included AFCAD for Zurich in the current installer is derived from one of the latest made by Harpsi in the forum, after hearing countless suggestions and discussion from users so, airline assignment and runway usage should be correct.

Of course, airlines keep changing and new airplanes comes all the time, and it's very easy to add new ones.

About the runway usage, the AFCAD has both 34 and 16 open for landings and take off so, there's not much that can be done, other than hoping the FS ATC will made the right choice. The wind direction should be taken into accout, but it's all in the hands of the FS ATC, and even if you had some tailwind, the runway selection is affected only after a certain wind speed, which might have changed after you were cleared to land, or before having already cleared all the AI.

It's not really something that can be controlled by the AFCAD, unless changing it in a unrealistic manner, like closing runways, or removing ILS.

stumar

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 03:57:18 pm »
Thanks for your reply. The other thing i have noticed is that there are no approaches in the AFCAD. Therefore ATC only gives clearance for visual approaches, can Vectors for ILS approaches be added?

Stuart

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 05:02:49 pm »
Thanks for your reply. The other thing i have noticed is that there are no approaches in the AFCAD. Therefore ATC only gives clearance for visual approaches, can Vectors for ILS approaches be added?

This clearly proves the problem it's not the scenery, but something else you have installed, because the AFCAD file that comes with Zurich doesn't touch the ILS approaches so, you should see the default ones.

stumar

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 03:25:40 pm »
Thanks again for your reply.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be? I also have your Geneva scenery but there is no problem with that.

I use ultimate traffic 2, i have heard that some AI programs can conflict with AFCADs, could this be the problem?

Best regards

Stuart

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 12:14:03 am »
I use ultimate traffic 2, i have heard that some AI programs can conflict with AFCADs, could this be the problem?

If a traffic package comes with alternative AFCAD files (they normally do), if they are not specifically made for an addon airport, they usually need to be removed.

kira

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 01:30:06 pm »
Hi,

I have the same problem mentioned here:
After installation of the Zurich scenery default FSX ATC offers only vector to final all other instrumental approaches are gone.
Few things I already tried:
1. Re-installation of he scenery - no effect
2. in FSX sceneries I Zurich to the top - no effect
3. deleted the lszh.bgl from MyTrafficX - no effect

Does anybody have an idea how I could get back the standard instrumental approaches through defaul ATC?

Thanks, Joerg.