Author Topic: Runway frequency not available in aircraft  (Read 2421 times)

Dillon

Runway frequency not available in aircraft
« on: September 24, 2020, 04:41:06 am »
I've seen this with freeware airports but now it's showing up in payware.  Flying the Longitude all airport info is available in the aircraft except for runways.  It must be somewhere is the scenery config where this data is kept. After installing Key West airport none of the runway frequencies show up.   If I go back to default it's there.  This feature is something new to FS2020 aircraft.  I believe FSD's KORD for FS2020 has the same issue.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:07:02 pm by Dillon »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Runway frequency not available in aircraft
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 11:51:35 am »
What do you mean, exactly, with "runway frequencies"  ? ILS ? Key West doesn't have any.

COM frequencies ? We haven't change or override any of the COM frequencies from the default scenery, since the flag in the scenery to override COM frequencies is not set

I believe FSD's KORD for FS2020 has the same issue.

No, KORD is not the same because, opposite to KEYW, it DOES exclude the default frequencies and it provides them with its own so, from the "how the scenery is made", in relationship to COM frequencies, they are completely different.

Also, is not clear if your problem happens only with the Cessna Longitude, or with others.

Dillon

Re: Runway frequency not available in aircraft
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 12:28:21 pm »
After further investigation you are correct KEYW only has RNAV.  KORD however I'm not getting any runway frequencies listed in the Longitude.  I'll investigate further and get back to you in that forum.  Sorry about the mix-up.  Just so you know there is an issue with add-on scenery where FS2020 aircraft have the ability to pull up runway frequencies on the glass displays but it won't work if the scenery doesn't have this info in whatever new place it should be entered in a config file somewhere.  Saw this with another developer of a large airport.  Again I've only been using this feature with the Longitude and it works great with the default airports. As soon as an add-on airport is put in place over the default airport it wipes out the runway frequencies that you can pull up in the plane and assign to NAV1.