Author Topic: KEYW for MSFS - buildings not showing up  (Read 35661 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KEYW for MSFS - buildings not showing up
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2020, 06:18:19 pm »
I can only confirm the problem is caused by another scenery in conflict. Some users fixed it by removing them, other by removing the CONTENT.XML file located here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache ( if you have the MS Store version )

%APPDATA%\Microsoft FlightSimulator\LocalCache ( if you have the Steam version )

Remove the CONTENT.XML, the sim will create one on the next start, this has fixed the problem for some users.

mikee

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2020, 08:56:00 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply !
It Worked  :) I Removed the CONTENT.XML  !!
I had to reapply my graphic settings but that was no problem at all !!

Mike
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:03:21 pm by mikee »

Nkurun

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2021, 07:30:35 pm »
Hi,

I have tried all of the many suggestions made in the earlier (long) existing thread of messages on this topic but none of them have worked. Is the current version 1.3? That is the version shown in my Content Manager within the  game. I wonder if this problem could be a new issue related to any of the recent MSFS2020 core or world updates (?), since I used to have the airport buildings ok (I can't remember when I last flew from KEYW). Any help/suggestions of other things to try to fix this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2021, 01:21:52 pm »
You don't say which version you have: FSDT/Simmarket or the MS Marketplace version ?

Nkurun

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2021, 08:13:09 pm »
I have the FSDT version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2021, 02:20:51 pm »
Ok, check if you see the message about downloading and digitally signing the scenery during the FSDT Live Update step of the process. Look for any errors.

EvilCookie

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2021, 06:17:32 pm »
Hello,

I am having the same issue of the terminal building not showing nor the Cubana aircraft.  I've tried everything suggested in this thread with no luck.  To be clear, I tried installing with and without antivirus enabled, deleted the content.xml file (also moving the scenery line to the top), I've updated through the addon manager, I've removed all sceneries and only installed the KEYW one.  Nothing has worked. 

I notice that when I go to window's Add/Remove section, the scenery is showing as version 1.1.1 despite running the updater.  Also, when I go to the MSFS world map area, the airport has a third party content icon, but it does not have a star icon like other premium airports I have purchased.  The only other thing I can think of that is odd is the installer always hangs when it says "Performing step 6 of 510" but it eventually finishes installing after a few minutes.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Nkurun

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2021, 04:09:47 am »
I see that and have no error messages

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2021, 11:26:59 am »
I see that and have no error messages

If you can confirm you saw the key west file downloaded and digitally signed, it means installation is all fine, and if you don't see buildings, it's because of another scenery in conflict.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2021, 11:27:51 am »
check if you see the message about downloading and digitally signing the scenery during the FSDT Live Update step of the process. Look for any errors.

Nkurun

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2021, 04:22:45 pm »
I see that and get no error messages. I have also tried loading KeyWest as the only scenery (symbolic link) in my community folder and still have no airport buildings (or Antonov plane at the end of the runway) but the fighter squadron at the neighboring air base do show up.

einherz

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2021, 08:35:30 pm »
i had same problem at first versions, couple a month ago, after update and restart windows problem gone, now, after update i found problem again, all buildings keyw gone
found my own post, forgot what i did:) i changed line keyw place, as guys said, in context.txt, and then it works, and after doesn't untill restart windows
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 02:02:54 am by einherz »

Nkurun

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2021, 08:55:55 pm »
That suggests to me that this problem has something to do with the latest MSFS2020 core or Nordics update. Are the buildings still showing on your system with those updates Umberto?

einherz

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2021, 09:56:01 pm »
Hello,

I am having the same issue of the terminal building not showing nor the Cubana aircraft.  I've tried everything suggested in this thread with no luck.  To be clear, I tried installing with and without antivirus enabled, deleted the content.xml file (also moving the scenery line to the top), I've updated through the addon manager, I've removed all sceneries and only installed the KEYW one.  Nothing has worked.  

I notice that when I go to window's Add/Remove section, the scenery is showing as version 1.1.1 despite running the updater.  Also, when I go to the MSFS world map area, the airport has a third party content icon, but it does not have a star icon like other premium airports I have purchased.  The only other thing I can think of that is odd is the installer always hangs when it says "Performing step 6 of 510" but it eventually finishes installing after a few minutes.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
same, except i haven't any av soft, and in uninstall info is show v1.0 keyw i get just it was born, and from first version till now havent any problems, except once at old update and now, but first time i found solution, right now scenery don't work
p.s i uninstall scenery, and default scene have all buildings, so this is not wrong exclude of other scenery, something wrong in 1.3 update, may be it's ok 1.3 installer, or conflict with something else, but it's not exclude of other scene, it can be found in content manager, but no star on map, and scene totaly broken
https://ibb.co/XSqTfb7 <<<<<<<<may be that's help
>>>>>> this from orbx <<<<<<< The download size of this product is 458.37 MB. It uses 1.06 GB when installed.
so it's orbx outdate version, or i have invalid update of fsdt?
heh:) looks like orbx key west is another scenery
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 04:47:45 am by einherz »

thetford569

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2021, 10:37:45 pm »
I just came in here looking for help because I also have no buildings at FSDT Key West....but this is a new problem for me...or at least I have not flown out of Key West for awhile.

Anyway, I just wiped my computer with a clean install of Windows 10 and a clean install of FS2020 from the Microsoft Store.  FSDT Key West is currently my only installed airport/add-on and when I go there I am missing all buildings.  So whatever is happening it's happening with a clean install of everything and no other add-ons installed.

Also just to confirm....I saw that my files and registration were verified by the FSDT Live Updater and I also deleted the content.xml file with no results...still have no buildings.

Brandon
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 11:49:30 pm by thetford569 »