Author Topic: Live Update error **SOLVED**  (Read 12616 times)

fziker

Re: Live Update error
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2020, 09:28:29 pm »
I have a separate post regarding Live Update install hanging during setup. So I uninstalled my security software (BitDefender) completely then removed all FSDreamteam products and the Regedit. Restarted the computer and attempted a GSX install and got the Internal Protection Error so Umberto you were probably right in that my security software was blocking part of the install but now, how do I get rid of the Enigma Protector Error?
Fred Ziker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 10:32:19 pm »
how do I get rid of the Enigma Protector Error?

If I could see it at least once in my life on my system, I might have some idea. The only thing sure, it's related to the antivirus.

fziker

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 02:05:36 am »
Success! Thank you Umberto for your patience and insistence that it was an antivirus related error. I believe I've narrowed it down to Windows Security App and Browser control Exploit Protection needing to be disabled. I had removed my security software and turned off my Windows Defender antivirus and firewall but there are even more protections that needed to be turned off. Once I got Live Update to install and run I then reloaded and turned on all of the security software and Live Update works just fine.

Thanks again!
fred

Hentoucher

Re: Live Update error **SOLVED**
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2020, 04:02:25 pm »
Still no luck here. Same error message. Have excluded everything from ESET Antivirus and Firewall (Entire Addon Manager folder, Updater.exe and the Couatl.exe).

Any further help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Chris

Pantonov22

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2020, 04:42:42 pm »
Can confirm it still errors out.

Removed AV still errors
Removed latest Windows update -> older build number, still errors
Disabled exploit protection as reported by someone earlier, still errors

I bypass the issue by running the Live update in Windows safe mode but I would rather see it work under normal circumstances  :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2020, 05:08:29 pm »

As you can see from  fziker post, he solved it and it was the antivirus. Which antivirus you use ?

Pantonov22

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2020, 06:32:21 pm »

As you can see from  fziker post, he solved it and it was the antivirus. Which antivirus you use ?

Bullguard

PaulDM

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2020, 08:41:36 pm »
I turned the antivirus off and tried again with no luck.

Hentoucher

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2020, 09:32:36 pm »
I can also get it to work in Windows Safe mode but not under normal circumstances. Im using ESET.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2020, 11:04:20 pm »
I can also get it to work in Windows Safe mode but not under normal circumstances. Im using ESET.

Safe mode likely disables the low-level windows service, so it seems it's never really turned off. In fact, we never suggest to turn off the antivirus but, instead, add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusion.

fziker

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 05:05:18 am »
Besides excluding the entire folders mentioned previously and temporarily turning off the antivirus and firewall security, try going to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Security>App & Browser Control>Exploit Protection and try temporarily turning those items off. Just a suggestion

Pantonov22

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 08:33:19 pm »
Besides excluding the entire folders mentioned previously and temporarily turning off the antivirus and firewall security, try going to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Security>App & Browser Control>Exploit Protection and try temporarily turning those items off. Just a suggestion

I go to App & Browser control -> Then there are two options Security based on reputation and Exploit Protection -> Then I click settings for Exploit protection -> Then at the top it says System settings and I change everyting from Use standard (on) to where possible to Off, then Windows wants me to restart, I restart. Then I attempt to run the Live update and the error still appears!

Pantonov22

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 08:59:58 pm »
It seems I have another issue now weirdly.

FSDT will not show on first startup. I start a flight at KSDF, it loads fine and does not give me any errors. However the scenery will not appear even if I wait a minute or more. Only when I open the Addon Manager and instantly close it again the scenery will now load. Could this be related to the same problem causing the live update to error out? Has this problem appeared for anyone else?

Maverick3333

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2020, 09:00:46 am »
Hi guys,

flying for years GSX and using PMDG airecraft an FS2Crew,

happy with the product.
BUT, since today it's not working (after I run the FSDT Live update) It won't find AFDAC files on LEBL (addon) it worked before (excluding etc.)?

Any ideas, because I love this produnct and don't want to change to FS2Crew ground environment.

Thank you

I guess something is wrong with the last update ;(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2020, 01:33:01 pm »
BUT, since today it's not working (after I run the FSDT Live update) It won't find AFDAC files on LEBL (addon) it worked before (excluding etc.)?

Please clarify: is the software appears to be working normally, except it doesn't find the AFCAD for THAT particular airport ?