Author Topic: Slooooooow Download speeds.  (Read 5158 times)

bigmack

Slooooooow Download speeds.
« on: December 02, 2009, 03:39:32 am »
Try to download some of the products while thier on sale, but the download speed is worst than dail-up modem speed. Any way to speed things up???

Bill M 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Slooooooow Download speeds.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 11:03:29 am »
Well, the sale ended yesterday, but you could have bought it at discount even without downloading, since purchases can be made both from within Flight sim, but also from the Web store, where you don't need to install the Trial first.

I've tried a random Cloud9 download (EHAM) and it works just fine.

Could you please say exactly which file was so slow ? Because, each file use a different server so, it might be one of them had issues. However, it's usually very uncommon, since we don't host downloads ourselves (we'll never be able to provide enough bandwidth for everyone), but we use an high-volume bandwidth provider (Mediafire), which is specialized for hosting large downloads using several hundreds of redundant servers so, download speed shouldn't normally be an issue, but one of the servers might have been particulary taxed, but it's usually fixed in a couple of hours or so.

bigmack

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:12:02 pm »
I just purchased the scenerys, the DL was too slow for all the Land class, Bergen X and Rome X. I will try to download later.

Bill M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 05:41:17 pm »
I just purchased the scenerys, the DL was too slow for all the Land class, Bergen X and Rome X. I will try to download later.

If you found the download to be too slow both on Bergen/Rome AND the Landclasses, I think it's was something at your end, because they are hosted on two entirely different hosts: Bergen/Rome are on Mediafire.com, and the Landclasses are on Esellerate. Mediafire is located in Texas, Esellerate in Nebraska.