Author Topic: MS Flt Sim 2020 for Honolulu  (Read 19003 times)

Bigteeze

Re: MS Flt Sim 2020 for Honolulu
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2022, 07:36:42 pm »
Oh great so probably YEARS away. That's awesome.....

bcars

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2022, 06:51:50 am »
Appears to be in same backlog as kpit. All marbles in msfs2020 and zero for p3dv5.  So when bugs in msfs,all work grinds to halt.
Thanks
Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2022, 01:39:37 pm »
Appears to be in same backlog as kpit. All marbles in msfs2020 and zero for p3dv5.  So when bugs in msfs,all work grinds to halt.

User stopped buying for P3D months ago, we only sell like a few GSX, but sales of sceneries has basically stopped so, we are respecting users whishes voting with their wallets, who are clearly telling us to work mainly on MSFS.

About "bugs" in MSFS, yes, SU5 Update was a catastrophic release, with the PC version completely crippled to make the Xbox version possible, and it came with so many bugs that we couldn't do much until they were fixed ( months later ), KCLT was delayed several months because of this, and this delayed the following products as well.

But SU9 is a different story, it's far more stable, it has many interesting features we are already using for GSX, and we are quite confident SU10 will be even better, since it seems Microsoft have finally realized a new release needs more serious testing, so they'll run the beta for about 3 months, instead of the usual 4/5 weeks.

Bigteeze

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2022, 06:09:29 am »
Glad to hear ASOBO/Microsoft is starting to figure things out. I'm loving the new platform now that better aircraft are becoming available. Just disappointed I won't get to see my home airport PHNL in the new sim any time soon. Either way, keep up the great work! Looking forward to GSX

scott967

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2022, 03:59:04 am »
Also an old user of all FSDT Hawaii airports for FSX along with GSX.  Looking forward to a new PHNL with the new terminal and SWA gates some day.

scott s.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2022, 05:06:30 am »
The rest of FSDT is all at work on GSX.

Now that GSX is out, any chance of more dev time going towards PHNL soon?

Justinthomas7

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2023, 01:58:41 am »
The trouble, as I'm hearing, there are so many more developers for MSFS2020 so there is risk working on a big project only for another developer to release the same airport. 

Flightbeam no longer tell anybody what they're working on for this reason.

I hope FSDT release PHNL soon - and Orbx release Honolulu Cityscape.  Those two products together were awesome. 

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2023, 04:54:39 pm »
and work on KMEM hasn't even started so, from the previous post, you might have some idea about PHNL.
Given that you've been beaten to the MSFS market with a decent KMEM scenery, but PHNL still has no offerings from anyone, perhaps it might make sense to move PHNL farther up the priority list?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2023, 09:24:28 am »
Given that you've been beaten to the MSFS market with a decent KMEM scenery, but PHNL still has no offerings from anyone, perhaps it might make sense to move PHNL farther up the priority list?

I don't see how this is relevant.

The MSFS market is full with double or even triple renditions of the same airports and, our two best selling airports are ( by far ), KORD and LSZH, both facing a much more serious "competition" from the free ones included in the sim so no, it's not really a problem, if we want to do KMEM, we'll do it anyway, and if we don't, we won't, but it's completely unrelated to what other offers are out there, especially in this case, when "decent" really means "average" or "meh".

But that's not the point, the point is we are fully aware that PHNL is way more important than KMEM, but the problem is we just don't have the resources to complete it now, because PHNL IS mainly made by the main GSX modeler and he just have his hands full with new GSX features we haven't disclosed yet, but requires lots of extra modeling.

But please don't take this verbatim. We can change and switch priorities at any time.

Bigteeze

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2023, 05:39:04 am »
Has any progress been made on PHNL or is GSX still taking up all the resources?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2023, 01:58:55 pm »

The one taking all the resources is now KIAH. We'll check the PHNL situation after it will be released.

Pioneer

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2023, 08:00:29 am »
Just checking in. Any progress with PHNL?
I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair H100i Platinum AIO Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme GPU, HyperX Predator 32GB RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe + 2 x 1TB SSD's, 27" LG 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, P3DV5.3/MSFS, Logitech X52 Pro

Nimic

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2023, 02:35:47 am »

The one taking all the resources is now KIAH. We'll check the PHNL situation after it will be released.

KIAH has been released. Any chance now for PHNL?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2023, 04:32:06 pm »

We always wanted to do it, and it's almost 50% done in fact.

So, as I've said, after KIAH, we might possibly start considering resuming the work on it. But it will be a while before it can be released or, more precisely, a while before we can even have an idea on a possible release date.

It also depends how much KIAH will sell, because at this time we are not even sure making airports is still profitable, let alone something made from scratch and not converted, like PHNL would have been.

Nimic

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2023, 12:49:27 am »

It also depends how much KIAH will sell, because at this time we are not even sure making airports is still profitable, let alone something made from scratch and not converted, like PHNL would have been.

I don't want to be off-topic, but are you suggesting that creating airports may no longer be profitable for you due to market saturation? Or is there another reason? FS2020 it's out since only three years. P3D has been at the forefront for 10 years or more, if we also consider FSX, and I never heard such skepticism about sales. If making airports for a flight simulator is not profitable for a software house like FSdreamteam, then what is?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 12:55:30 am by Nimic »