Author Topic: First GSX Preview for MSFS  (Read 47185 times)

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
Re: First GSX Preview for MSFS
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 10:05:08 am »
Fantastic  :-*

Thomasba

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 04:50:24 pm »
looking good Umberto.
Are you looking to include the same functionality as the current GSX products?
Regards
Brian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 11:08:43 am »

Sure, it will be the full GSX.

Not entirely sure about the customization options for jetways and logos, which required Render To texture in P3D4 with DX11 code which we cannot use in MSFS, there might be new methods which might be offered in future versions of the SDK but, once they'll add the features still missing from Simconnect ( no menus, for example ), we expect to have the full GSX working.

More info here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24115.msg160284.html#msg160284

Thomasba

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 07:45:20 pm »

Sure, it will be the full GSX.

Not entirely sure about the customization options for jetways and logos, which required Render To texture in P3D4 with DX11 code which we cannot use in MSFS, there might be new methods which might be offered in future versions of the SDK but, once they'll add the features still missing from Simconnect ( no menus, for example ), we expect to have the full GSX working.

More info here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24115.msg160284.html#msg160284

great news thanks Umberto  :)
Regards
Brian

NavySubCanada

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 01:15:58 am »
Thank goodness that GSX is coming to MSFS!  Take your time Umberto, while I miss GSX immensely I am happy to hang on until you are ready to release it!

Rick

FireCapt

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 01:02:26 am »
You're the MAn, Umberto ;D

Can't wait to get this. Will it have the people flow elements in it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 04:03:33 pm »
Can't wait to get this. Will it have the people flow elements in it ?

Sure, and they'll look much better too!

AirbusCaptain

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 10:06:12 pm »
Will GSX fix the positioning of the jetways in MSFS? or will we have the ability to adjust them like in P3D? right now there are so many airports where the jetways are in the way of the J Line for an aircraft to park that when I spawn into a session its going through my fuselage. I know you said you are not sure about the customization right now so I apologize if Im asking the same question. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 10:08:42 pm by AirbusCaptain »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 02:26:03 pm »
Will GSX fix the positioning of the jetways in MSFS? or will we have the ability to adjust them like in P3D? right now there are so many airports where the jetways are in the way of the J Line for an aircraft to park that when I spawn into a session its going through my fuselage. I know you said you are not sure about the customization right now so I apologize if Im asking the same question. 

Yes, we'll surely have the jetway customization feature, maybe it will look different, but it's clearly an important feature, even more so in MSFS, which seems to have a very fast growing freeware community.

AirbusCaptain

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 08:53:08 pm »

Yes, we'll surely have the jetway customization feature, maybe it will look different, but it's clearly an important feature, even more so in MSFS, which seems to have a very fast growing freeware community.

awesome great news!

Smooth Flying YT

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 04:23:41 pm »
Will I be able to choose from multiple ground handler companies depending on the airport just like the P3D version?

Btw. Any new previews coming soon?   ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 05:40:41 pm »
Will I be able to choose from multiple ground handler companies depending on the airport just like the P3D version?

We think so.

Btw. Any new previews coming soon? 

It's not something that will come quickly. First Asobo/MS must complete the SDK.

BAF_McNab

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 06:53:18 pm »
It looks great, and is one of the best looking add ons I have seen. I do have a couple of questions though. I only use FS2020 and I know the problems you are having with porting it due to the limits of the SDK etc but when it is ready, will I be able to edit the passengers at all ? e.g. Change skin colours/tones ?  Or add clothing, alter it's colours etc (Flying out of cold airports into hot ones and vice versa.)

Many thanks in advance and apologies if I am asking in the wrong place.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2020, 10:33:37 am »
when it is ready, will I be able to edit the passengers at all ? e.g. Change skin colours/tones ?  Or add clothing, alter it's colours etc (Flying out of cold airports into hot ones and vice versa.)

We can't possibly know now. I don't see any limitations in theory, but we must first wait to get back the missing features in the SDK before knowing for sure.