Author Topic: Basel in MSFS 2020  (Read 46476 times)

ACSoft

Re: Basel in MSFS 2020
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2021, 10:56:26 pm »
Umberto,

May I come back  to the gate F4A attribution on landing.

Unfortunately, there is a bug in FS2020 with the choice of a gate on arrival. No problem to chose a gate and if you fly straight forward your flight plan, it work. Simulation will give you the gate you chosen. But if you have saved this flight in a FLT file, just after the loading of the aircraft, in dark cockpit situation and then, later on, during a new session, you load this saved flight and fly it, it wont work !?!

Curiously, you can see on the map of the flight plan editor, that the gate you selected was saved (you can also see that in reading inside the .FLT file), but the simulation ignore this part of the FLT data and give always instead the famous F4A gate. No randomness at all here ! The simulation probably start to read some data list from your BGL and always choose F4A. Don't ask me why ! But maybe you know why and can perhaps remedy.

To be always parked on this F4A location, do not do justice to the beauty of this great scenery ! If  we have to be always parked at the same location, because of poor simulation AI, lets almost be parked in the most beautiful part of the airport, on a position with a mobile gateway !

So, if you can fool this poor FS2020 AI to make it to chose, for example the gate 35, in the heart of the airport, this would be great. Maybe it is just a change in the order of the items of the gates data list ?

Of course, I can still choose the gate manually, but because of the bug I describe before, I cannot use FLT save file, having an arrival gate saved in it and I have to rebuild the whole flight plan manually each time I want a specific arrival gate, which might be quite boring, after some time.

Of course this is only a minor suggestion. If it's complicated to do, then we forget !

anyway, thanks to take this into consideration.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2021, 10:02:24 am »
The airport is made correctly, with its gates properly assigned, with their proper radius and properties according to real life, and it would be wrong to add wrong data in the scenery, just to sidestep what is clearly a bug in the sim that can be corrected at any time, considering the simulator is under heavy development.

So, be sure you file this bug to MS support using Zendesk, and if enough of you will do the same, you'll increase the chances for the bug to be fixed.

ACSoft

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2021, 10:30:44 am »
The airport is made correctly, with its gates properly assigned, with their proper radius and properties according to real life, and it would be wrong to add wrong data in the scenery, just to sidestep what is clearly a bug in the sim that can be corrected at any time, considering the simulator is under heavy development.

So, be sure you file this bug to MS support using Zendesk, and if enough of you will do the same, you'll increase the chances for the bug to be fixed.
I have absolutely no doubt that your scenery is made correctly and I did not criticize the product in my message.

You think it is wrong to be flexible and improve something, even at the cost of doing something that is not fully academic and maybe even temporarily. OK, fine I note it.

Now, speaking of the FS bug I found, I don't need you to tell me what to do.

Have a nice day.

Shaolan

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2021, 09:08:20 pm »
First of all, thanks for your work on this scenery. I really like it as it captures the Airport very well.
When i was flying some touch and go's i was missing Basel Radar. Do you have any plans to add this building to the scenery?
It is a important navigation point of the airport and it is VFR Navpoint "WB" too.

47.59095571669884, 7.495203646607428

Shaolan

Er!k

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2021, 09:15:28 am »
First of all, thanks for your work on this scenery. I really like it as it captures the Airport very well.
When i was flying some touch and go's i was missing Basel Radar. Do you have any plans to add this building to the scenery?
It is a important navigation point of the airport and it is VFR Navpoint "WB" too.

Shaolan
That would be a nice addition indeed!

Trespassers

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2021, 02:52:39 pm »

Shaolan
That would be a nice addition indeed!

Dear FSDreamteam,
Do you confirm there is any plan to add this radar to the scenery, or was the request denied?
As explained, it materializes the WB reporting point for departure and arrival aircraft from the west, thus an important navigation feature.

Thank you in advance for feedback
Cheers
Antoine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2021, 10:27:23 pm »

We haven't denied anything. We read all posts and take note, but there's no way to tell exactly when a specific feature might appear, because it mostly depends on other tasks assigned to the various scenery authors.