Products Support > EuroAirport Basel

Basel in MSFS 2020

(1/17) > >>

virtuali:
Today Microsoft has given permissions to share screenshots of products in development. Here's some from Basel, which will likely be the first one to be released. Some info:

- The scenery will be the first one to be released for MSFS 2020 ( O'Hare V2 will likely be the next one ), because it's our latest release, so it was already designed to be 100% PBR, and will use native capabilities of the new sim when required, like sloped runways, animated jetways, new types of glass reflections and realtime ambient occlusion.

- Due to the very efficient lighting engine of MSFS 2020, the night lighting is completely dynamic. Almost every lamp post or fixture in the scenery got a DL. We were unable to measure any effects on performance so far, this is likely due to the sim using Deferred Rendering, which allows for a far higher number of DL before fps will be affected.

- About fps, we don't seem to notice much difference compared to the default airport for the same area.

Dimon:
Umberto,

Any idea whether Airport Facilities are still controlled by *bgl OR it's completely new structure (*)

(*) I'm thinking forward about ADE future capabilities within MSFS2020

tangjuice81:
Excellent work. This looks very promising!

rjlfry:
Looking good.

simsuper80:

--- Quote from: Dimon on August 05, 2020, 02:01:43 pm ---Umberto,

Any idea whether Airport Facilities are still controlled by *bgl OR it's completely new structure (*)

(*) I'm thinking forward about ADE future capabilities within MSFS2020

--- End quote ---

I too am hoping the AI traffic has been improved

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version