Author Topic: No update with SODE-Jetways at PHOG  (Read 5932 times)

abueren

No update with SODE-Jetways at PHOG
« on: July 03, 2020, 09:44:55 pm »
Hello,

I reinstalled the Hawaiian Airports with the newest available download file and of course, coatl update runs directly after it. Still, I don't have SODE-Jetways.
Could it be, that
- the current installation file on your website doesn't have this feature included and it needs to be updated through coatl, and
- that this coatl-update dosen't always work?

How can I find out, what version of coatl I have installed?

Best regards
Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No update with SODE-Jetways at PHOG
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 11:08:29 pm »
- the current installation file on your website doesn't have this feature included and it needs to be updated through coatl

The whole point of running the FSDT Live Update at the end of every installation, is that regardless if the installer contains or not the very latest files,

that this coatl-update dosen't always work?

If no new files are downloaded, and you haven't seen any errors, it means it worked so you don't have to wonder: you DO have the latest version of everything.

The most common reason for not seeing the new jetways are:

- You created a GSX customization for the airport BEFORE we added SODE jetways. In this case, you MUST remove it, because your own configuration will take precedence over the one we just updated, so you'll miss the jetways, because your configuration was made before we added them to it. See if you have any .INI file for PHOG in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder and if you have, remove it and Restart Couatl. We don't do this automatically, because we never touch user-made files.

- You didn't accept the Live Update to update the AFCAD when notified. You must do it.

- You created a DONTUPDATE file in the scenery folder to prevent the Live Updater to update that folder. The Live Update would have listed this case in the message log window.

- You have a scenery conflict caused by another scenery. The custom GSX profile is linked to the AFCAD in use, so if there'a conflicting file from another scenery, the GSX profiles that contains jetways won't activate. You can check this in the scenery customization page, in the AFCAD name window.