Author Topic: not able to activate Cloud9 KLAX cd-rom from Aerosoft  (Read 7795 times)

TorbenJA

not able to activate Cloud9 KLAX cd-rom from Aerosoft
« on: November 25, 2009, 04:20:46 pm »
It doesn't seem to work properly. Only in trial mode. I have bought the Cloud9 KLAX for FS9 via Aerosoft, written the activation code inside the cd-rom box, but....no luck

What can I do next?

Torben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: not able to activate Cloud9 KLAX cd-rom from Aerosoft
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 04:38:19 pm »
Whenever you are using an old Cloud9 installer, you always need to update the Stand-Alone Addon Manager afterwards: the download link is available on every "Info" page for all FSDT Products.

This will also update your Cloud9 products activation policy, to 6 activations per order, like FSDT's.

Also, I'm not sure which version you have on the CD: it might be better to simply download the KLAX installer fom here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

KLAX installer has already been already updated as per FSDT standard so, if you install that one, there will be no need to update the Addon Manager anymore, because it comes with it already, and with online self-update capability so, you are guaranteed always getting the very latest version.

Uninstall Cloud9 KLAX first, then run the new setup.

From there, launch FS9 and choose the "Register Serial" option for Cloud9 Los Angeles, insert your Serial Number and let it activate. Better to do it in Windowed mode under FS9 (press ALT+Enter), you can go back to Full Screen after reactivation is complete.

Basically, you can just forget about your CD installer: the only thing that is really valuable there, it's the Serial Number...

TorbenJA

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 05:12:08 pm »
Still doesn't work - get an error 25001 from esellerate.
The CD-ROM from Aerosoft has version 1.0.1 of the KLAX scenery. The key structure is XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX

The uninstallation is probably not complete, thus same error with the downloaded installation  as with the CD-ROM.

Torben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 05:43:34 pm »
Is your Serial Number using lower case characters ?

If yes, please reinstall the Stand-alone Addon Manager again, it will get an updated version that deals with mixed lower/upper case serials, which are not normally used by Esellerate, but some Cloud9 CD serials used to have them.

TorbenJA

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 05:49:59 pm »
I think it work now. A reinstall with the CD-ROM installer did the trick. I think the culprit was an antivirus warning during first installation (bglman.dll).

Thank for your time.

Torben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 06:16:22 pm »
I think it work now. A reinstall with the CD-ROM installer did the trick. I think the culprit was an antivirus warning during first installation (bglman.dll).

You should have simply do what I've said to do, which was not to use the CD, and JUST run the Addon Manager installer again without having to re-download it, because it will get the updated Addon Manager. The antivirus warning was surely related to the old Cloud9 version of the bglman.dll file so, it's not relevant here.

As I've said, the CD is now useless, and can only create problems. The only thing that is important, it's the Serial Number.

Even if this has apparently "fixed" the problem for you, that's not the correct way because now your have activated your Serial with the OLD Cloud9 activation policy, which is only 1 activation per order. So, the next time you change hardware, you'll lose the activation again, and you'll have to revert sending an email for reactivation, to which we'll reply to install the updated Addon Manager so, better do it now.

If you use the new Addon Manager which now accepts older Cloud9 serials using lower case characters as well, it will update your serial to the 6 activations per order we use now, and have less issue in the future with activations.

If you run the Addon Manager installation now, enterin FS9 will ask to confirm your activation (since the Serial is already inserted, it will not ask for it again ) so, if you reply YES, it will move your order from the Cloud9 1 activation per order, to the new 6 activations per order.