Author Topic: bad performance p3dv5  (Read 4170 times)

kdfw

bad performance p3dv5
« on: April 27, 2020, 08:19:34 am »
i'm getting 25pfs locked at 25fps using p3dv4.5 on ground at kdfw, quite smooth.  using p3dv5 at the same wx and location, getting about 19-20pfs locked at 25.  

when using drzewiecki design seattle x at ksea in orbx pnw for both p3dv4.5 and p3dv5, getting 25fps locked at 25.  

so looks like kdfw on p3dv5 isn't performing as well as other complex areas.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bad performance p3dv5
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:05:24 am »
Doesn't happen here, as you can see in the attached screenshots, the fps increase at KDFW is even higher ( obviously using the exact same settings, except TrueSky in P3D V5 ) than every other scenery we tried.

Of course, without knowing anything about your configuration, your settings, and what ELSE you installed in the Dallas area, it's impossible to say more. Since it's clear the problem is not the airport, the thing that is not performing well in P3D V5 is another add-on you installed in this area.

kdfw

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 07:36:28 pm »
Nothing around DFW, plain vanilla orbx base and open lc for p3dv4.5 and p3dv5.

as for performance, it would be helpful to display the 60sec stats, min, avg, max. 
[TextInfo.2]
GpuMemory=1,1
AverageFrameRate=2,1
FrameRate=1,2
LockedFrameRate=1,3

also, used the qw787 from vc view in all test cases i outlined above.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 09:44:27 am »
Nothing around DFW, plain vanilla orbx base and open lc for p3dv4.5 and p3dv5.

There's no such thing as "plain vanilla orbx base and open lc". So, you DO have quite a bit around KDFW, yet you seem to assume the fps drop is the airport, when in fact you cannot possibly know if all that orbx stuff you have, in the KDFW area, might have a performance problem.

Also, were you using some AI ? If yes, which ones ? Which settings ?

I obviously tested in the only sensible way to prove the problem is not the airport, that is:

- With a default airplane on BOTH sims, so I won't be mislead thinking the airport has lower fps in V5, if I'm using an airplane I don't know how optimized in the sim really is.

- With the same settings on BOTH sims, so I won't be mislead thinking the airport has lower fps in V5, it I'm not using the same settings than V4.

- With only the default scenery on BOTH sims, so I won't be mislead thinking the airport has lower fps in V5, because I'm using non-default scenery around that might have an fps problem itself.

- With 0% AI Traffic on BOTH, so I won't be mislead thinking the airport has lower fps in V5, because I'm using AI that slows downs fps in V5

That's the only proper comparison to help assess the performance of the airport ITSELF, if the point was comparing V4 with V5. If you remove all extra, what remains is the airport and how differently it performs from V4 to V5 ( way better in V5 ), which is what we wanted to test.

also, used the qw787 from vc view in all test cases i outlined above.

Ok, so you also have a complex airplane add-on, which as far as I know, hasn't been declared as fully compatible yet.

as for performance, it would be helpful to display the 60sec stats, min, avg, max.  

There you have it, see the attached screen...