Author Topic: FSX CTD after GSX 1 and 2 and CYVR Install  (Read 2694 times)

12aphaP

FSX CTD after GSX 1 and 2 and CYVR Install
« on: April 25, 2020, 09:29:03 am »
Hello,

I'm running FSX Acceleration and prior to installation of GSX 1 & 2 and CYVR, my sim was running perfectly.

After installation of said FSDT products, my sim suddenly restarts without any warning or error messages..

I checked the Event Viewer log and all the reports seem to point to same module: msvcrt.dll

It tells me that there is an access violation.

I have update Windows 10 to the latest version, updated my nVidia drivers to the latest version as well as run SFC /SCANNOW... I also installed all the Microsoft Refistributables C++ and Microsoft.NET versions 2.0 all the way up. Everything is fine and up to date but the problem continues to exist...

Hoping for any kind of help and support.

PC Specs:

Windows 10

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz

nVidia GTX1050Ti 4GB VRAM

8GB RAM

Attached is a copy of the crash log:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX CTD after GSX 1 and 2 and CYVR Install
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 10:49:46 am »
Nothing in your log indicates the problem has anything to do with GSX. Msvcrt.dll is used by almost every software out there, even Windows itself.

And, it's not very clear from your message how your crash happens. When you start the sim ? Does it always happens ? After a while ? After a long flight ? When going to a certain airport ?

12aphaP

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 03:07:06 pm »
Thank you for your response..

Sorry for the lack of info.

The CTD occurs around 10-20 minutes when flying in Canada.. I can start a takeoff roll from CYMX (Mirabel) freeware but as soon as I'm airborn, the sim just freezes with the mouse blue circle mouse cursor (indicating to wait) and then the simulator automatically resets....

I understand that msvcrt.dll is used for many programs, addons, etc.. but the problem only started after I installed GSX and CYVR.

Not blaming FSDT or anything, I just thought that this would be a good place to start asking for help  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 12:03:24 pm »
The CTD occurs around 10-20 minutes when flying in Canada.. I can start a takeoff roll from CYMX (Mirabel) freeware but as soon as I'm airborn, the sim just freezes with the mouse blue circle mouse cursor (indicating to wait) and then the simulator automatically resets....

I assume you are already higher than 10K feet by that time. If you are, then GSX cannot possibly be the cause, since it's entirely disabled over 10k feet, and CYVR cannot be the problem either, because its loading range it's exactly 14.0 NM so, everything related to it is removed from memory as soon as you flight out of that range and if you get a crash 20 minutes after taking off from Mirabel, which is thousands of miles away, it surely cannot have anything to do with CYVR.

12aphaP

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 06:37:46 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

I guess I will just have to try removing scenery from my sim and see if the problem continues to persist...