Author Topic: ERROR (PHNL)  (Read 10396 times)

vielma16

ERROR (PHNL)
« on: February 05, 2020, 12:48:13 pm »
I am writing to you because I bought at Simmarket Honolulu (PHNL) for FS2004 (FS9). I have installed it and everything seems to be correct, however, it is the only product I have installed and when I make a flight to Honolulu, for example, KSFO / PHNL after 3 hours and almost arriving the simulator closes automatically. This has happened to me several times. I thought it was some simulator error and I completely uninstall it and reinstalled and the same thing continues. I need help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ERROR (PHNL)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 12:56:03 pm »
You must update the FS9 Addon Manager:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

The version included in the sceneries is outdated, and works only with Esellerate, that has closed at the end of September 2019

vielma16

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 01:46:17 am »
Hello again.  I did exactly that, download the file and install it and it is definitely impossible to successfully complete a flight to Honolulu.  The only scenery I installed was that and from there the simulator closes automatically arriving in Honolulu after 3/4 hours of flight. :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 11:12:26 am »
Do you have some 3rd party scenery for that area ? There's a freeware scenery for boats that is known to cause a crash around PHNL.

vielma16

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 11:30:01 am »
No, no other scenery, I bought this one and installed.  After 3 times the same thing happened to me (that the simulator closed as I said after 3/4 hours already arriving in Honolulu) it seemed strange to me and I uninstall the simulator and reinstalled thinking that it was that.  I installed Honolulu (the only scenery) and followed the instructions given by you in the previous message and made the same flight and the simulator was effectively closed.  I conclude that it is nothing of the simulator because it is newly installed and I have nothing but FS Global 2010 and this scenery for Honolulu.

Any other suggestions?  I need help.  This is not normal.  And I am very careful in this.  I am an experienced in aerial simulation but on a whim I still use FS2004

Best Regards.

vielma16

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 07:20:17 pm »
Hello, Sirs, I am still waiting for an answer to the solution of the current problem with Honolulu; My simulator keeps closing unexpectedly and I don't have any other addon installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 01:29:56 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm the problem doesn't have anything to do with our scenery, which has been released in 2010 so, if there really were a problem like that, someone would have noticed it by now.

Instead, there are multiple confirmed reports of crashes around the PHNL area caused by other sceneries, which users initially assumed were caused by FSDT PHNL but, of course, just because the crash happens *there*, since when you are on an airport, you don't have only the airport loaded, but you have all the surrounding scenery, AI airplanes, etc. and any of this can cause a crash.

and I don't have any other addon installed.

You said yourself you have FS Global 2010 so no, you DO have another add-on in the area.

Also, it's not clear from your message if you have a crash ONLY if you land at PHNL after a long flight, or you have it even if you just start a flight there. If the airport had a problem,  the crash should have happened regardless.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 01:32:26 pm by virtuali »