Author Topic: SODE is unavailable. Jetways will not animate.  (Read 6207 times)

Barteweb

SODE is unavailable. Jetways will not animate.
« on: April 19, 2020, 03:34:13 pm »
I have just purchased FSDT Vancouver International (CYVR) and Honolulu International (PHNL). Downloaded the packages and set up in 'Addon Manager' and both loaded with no problems. When I set up  my aircraft at either airport on an active runway and then Warp to a suitable gate using GSX, I immediately get the message 'SODE is unavailable. Jetways will not animate'.

Do I need to purchase GSX for the jetways to animate? I already have FSDT KJFKv2 and the jetways animate with that product. I was under the impression that GSX would be included for other FSDT airport purchases.

I operate with FSX Acceleration and Windows 10. The planes I use are PMDG 747's and 777's.

I also get a message on set up that trial periods have started for the products even though I purchased outright.

Are there some steps I've not completed?

Thanks

Barteweb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE is unavailable. Jetways will not animate.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 11:57:58 am »
GSX L2 is included with ALL FSDT airports so, if it works at JFK V2, it will work at CYVR too, for free as well.

I also get a message on set up that trial periods have started for the products even though I purchased outright.

You might have purchased them but, have you gone through the activation process ?

Barteweb

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 12:34:47 pm »
Thanks Umberto,

Yes, I have activated them and inserted the license keys. I can load the airports and get the 'Airport cache loaded successfully' message. All other systems -boarding, deboarding, catering, fuel loading etc., operate successfully but no jetways.

I've noticed on Add-On Manager that the SODE version is 1.6.3. Should I update to v1.6.8?

Also, at CYVR I can't get the proper gate designations. They're all listed as 'Ramp GA' or 'Ramp Cargo GA'.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 12:39:28 pm »
I've noticed on Add-On Manager that the SODE version is 1.6.3. Should I update to v1.6.8?

Yes, of course. Are you using a very old version of GSX ? The previous installer which was available for months before the last one came with 1.6.5, and the current one comes with 1.6.7 and 1.6.8 has been released very recently.

Barteweb

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 01:18:33 pm »
I didn't purchase GSX. I'm using the GSX version which came included with KJFKv2 when I purchased it in January 2019. Do I need to upgrade GSX as well as SODE? If so will I need to purchase GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 01:27:42 pm »
GSX is always free to use at all FSDT airports so, you never have to purchase it when using an FSDT airport. However, if you installed an older version, it won't automatically update SODE as well, that's only done by the installer.