Author Topic: W7 Support???  (Read 8659 times)

JamesChams

W7 Support???
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:53:14 pm »
Virtuali,

Is there/will there be Windows 7 (64-bit) support for all of Cloud9's FSX Sceneries/Installers?
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: W7 Support???
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:45:19 pm »
I haven't got any report of problems with Windows 7 with the current installers. There might be some issues with old Cloud9 installers, but we are updating them all anyway.

albix

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 02:21:45 pm »
Hello,
actually I am using Windows 7 x64 and I tried to install the F-104. I reactivated the addon but when I select this plane from the menu FS9 has a CTD.
I even downloaded the latest Addon Manager and tried to reinstall a couple of times but with no success.
Thank you.

Alberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 04:00:47 pm »
I even downloaded the latest Addon Manager and tried to reinstall a couple of times but with no success.

Have you installed the Addon Manager AFTER the F104, with the F104 installed ? This is very important because, the Addon Manager will update the F104 to the latest version of the Gauge, but only if it finds the F104 installed.

Have you noticed if the Addon Manager was loading the F104.GAU from the internet when it started ?

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 07:42:43 pm »
Virtuali,

What is the latest Addon Manager version that is NEEDED to be downloaded?
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 08:11:58 pm »
What is the latest Addon Manager version that is NEEDED to be downloaded?

Every FSDT installer (including updated Cloud9 installers) always downloads the very latest version of the Addon Manager so, whenever one installs any product, it will also get the latest Addon Manager together with it.

The stand-alone version of the Addon Manager it's just the same and uses the same online auto-update, and gets exactly the same files, the only use for it, is to update just the Addon Manager, without reinstalling a scenery using the full installer.

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 08:28:27 pm »
...The stand-alone version of the Addon Manager it's just the same and uses the same online auto-update....
I tried downloading the stand-alone version of the Addon Manager from your product page and it was the SAME NUMBER as the one I had previously...I currently have v. 2.7.06.  It there another version somewhere else?  What version Number should I have installed instead?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:29:22 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

albix

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 10:13:20 pm »
I downloaded the latest installer of the F-104 just today and that to be sure to have the latest Addon Manager..
How can I remove the Addon Manager from my FS9?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 01:03:34 am »
I downloaded the latest installer of the F-104 just today and that to be sure to have the latest Addon Manager...

The F104 installer hasn't been updated yet so, it still comes with an old Addon Manager, and it needs to be updated.

So, as explained already in this section, this is not a problem, you just need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 AFTER you install any Cloud9 product that do not have an installer made by FSDT yet.

The list of Cloud9 updated installers is posted in this section, on the sticky thread.

How can I remove the Addon Manager from my FS9?

You don't need to remove anything. Just install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 (the link for the download it's on every product "Info" page), and it will update it to the current version.