Author Topic: future direction  (Read 7389 times)

fedepan

future direction
« on: November 16, 2009, 09:55:21 am »
Hi Guys,

i'd like to understand if you want upgrade the product as 339, f4, f104 of cloud9 to FSX Version or if you are working on ather airplane Add-on, your plane was the best in the sim market, and should be a real shame let that great addons goin lost.
Bytheway i'd like only know if you think to work on it or not.

Best Regards Guys

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: future direction
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:10:05 am »
We haven't decided yet. However, based on actual sales, the first choices for creating new FSX versions of Cloud9 products (not updates), would be sceneries.

fedepan

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:24:57 pm »
Ok Thanks, so no more Airplanes?!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 12:38:28 pm »
Ok Thanks, so no more Airplanes?

Well, you have asked for those specific Cloud9 airplanes.

And, speaking about airplanes in general, we said many times that, an airplane is something that we wouldn't not even consider doing in dual version FS9+FSX, but FSX only, because the differences are huge, and it's on airplanes design capabilities that FSX really shines compared to FS9, if the developer is willing to exploit them. This means an airplane project will surely be FSX only.

Which means: until FSX has completely took over FS9 on the market, we simply can't justify what will probably be a 3 times developement time (compared to a scenery) and with more people involved, with almost half of the sales lost, because no FS9 version.

So, for the time being, we are doing sceneries in dual version, because those can be made very easily for both sims.

fedepan

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 03:34:47 pm »
Okay That's right Thanks Guys!!!!

I Can Wish to see in the future an other family o best airplanes addon for fsx!!!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 02:25:41 am »
I'd rather see them doing what they do best, which is sceneries.  Plenty of payware aircraft available elsewhere.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 04:28:51 am »
Yes I agree; an FSDT FSX Aircraft would be a great feature and is almost a must in todays market.  FSDT can still do sceneries but the Aircraft is probably what needs to be done (or started) soon.

BTW: Here's what FREEWARE FSX Aircraft are looking like now... 

Wait too long and you'll lose the market. ::)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams