Author Topic: V5 elevation issue  (Read 48565 times)

gegarciar@yahoo.com

Re: V5 elevation issue
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2021, 05:26:40 pm »
Same Issue for KFLL. Taxi signs and other objects floating around the airport.
Waiting for a fix

Thanks in advance
Regards,

vinceYHU

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2021, 02:32:53 am »
So is this a dead project? There's been news, no updates, nothing. I'm disappointed that I can't use this scenery...

Frustrated  :-\

Raphael

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2021, 02:20:33 am »
I miss that one too..... one of my favorites indeed, despite it needs a little touch.....  Dont be discouraged, they will do their magic some day...  ;)

Happy flying!

william.m

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2021, 08:59:34 am »
Hey Guys,

Appreciate all your hard work and assume you are very busy getting ready for FS2020, but is there any news on this one?

Cheers

Will

canadagoose

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2021, 03:45:23 am »
Add me as well. Patiently, Looking forward to the fix. no worries, in the meantime I'll just divert to KMIA  ;)

...Not as patient anymore, it’s been almost a year since we were promised a fix for this issue, and judging by the activity in this post, the community has been patient. I understand your priorities obviously lean more toward the new MSFS2020 sim than P3Dv5 and profit drives decision, everyone has to make a living, I get it. I have MSFS and use it mostly for VFR, therefore I have no desire to purchase add on Airports, there is plenty to discover in MSFS without the need for purchased Addons. But, I do still enjoy P3Dv5 with all my addons (including your great products), in fact if you came out with a new airport for P3D there is a good chance I would buy it. Just a simple request, is there any chance you can give me just an honest hint of what we can expect in the way of a fix for this product?
Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2021, 04:57:39 pm »
Just a simple request, is there any chance you can give me just an honest hint of what we can expect in the way of a fix for this product?

You should have been grateful the scenery you bought in 2009, way before the P3D V1 came out, is still working just fine up to P3D 4.5, and you were never once asked to pay for updates.

I'm not sure there are any other developers that released fixes for P3D V5 for a 12 years old product, surely not for free.

ptysimmer

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2021, 04:10:22 pm »
Thanks for that !.... But, you didn't answer his question ...... Can you give us a Hint ?  I asked you also about a year ago...... Keeping in mind that, back then, you already decided to go ahead and update the product, the fact that if we should be thankful to you, or not, is totally irrelevant ! ... It feels that you are "shielding" behind that premise ! And I say this with total respect to you and your work.  However, you DID mention KFLL was next to update last year.... So our question is, are you still holding that promise or not ? Should we go ahead and buy the other developer's version of KFLL or, instead, wait for yours to be fixed? Thats all I am asking.  I rather wait for yours !! As long as there is something real to be waiting for ! I think is a fair question at this point.

Thanks for your patience reading all these posts and taking the time to answer them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2021, 10:29:14 pm »
So our question is, are you still holding that promise or not ?

As I've said, multiple times, yes it will be fixed, but I cannot possibly say when.

The scenery was made a long time ago by someone that doesn't work with FSDT since several years, but that's not what really matters to you as users, because we made that promise as FSDT. However, it means we had a look at it, and it doesn't seem as simple as it was like in similar cases ( the Hawaii airports ), and we are having a bit of trouble figuring how the proper way to fix it, which is tricky considering this is still an hybrid FSX scenery with parts made with FS8 code.

Should we go ahead and buy the other developer's version of KFLL or, instead, wait for yours to be fixed?

You shouldn't use the term "we", since this should be your own personal decision, depending how hard you need to use this old scenery in P3D V5.

ptysimmer

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2021, 01:22:49 pm »
I Understand.  Thanks for the clarification !

Keep up the great work !

Navigator40

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2021, 12:32:56 pm »
Too bad because it’s a great scenery
Angus Rowlands i7 9700k, GTX 1080ti

Markito

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2021, 06:57:40 pm »
Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well.

I have just installed KFLL and it seems that there are elevation issues in P3Dv5. I have taxi signs high above the ground, and it seems that the "lowered" airport terrain is not evenly levelled with the surrounding area.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind regards,
Marco

ywg256

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2021, 11:28:48 pm »
count me in with same problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2021, 08:49:32 am »
There's already another thread about this. The airport is not really compatible with P3D V5, we are looking into it, but can't say when it will be fixed.

surfinal

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2021, 01:32:58 pm »
The same with FSX steam, airport sunk and sode jetways unreachable.Will there be a fix soon?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2021, 01:38:37 pm »
I merged all the threads about this and:

- The P3D version has already been fixed weeks ago, by running the FSDT Live Update

- The fix is NOT compatible with FSX. To use it in FSX, download this file:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_KFLL_FSX_fix.zip

uncompress it in the Addon Manager\fsdreamteam\KFLL\scenery folder, overwriting the two files with the same name there are already there. If later on you run the FSDT Live Update, and it will suggest to update the KFLL AFCAD, always reply No.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 05:27:43 pm by virtuali »