Author Topic: Prepar3D V5 installers instructions  (Read 47190 times)

marjmithib

Re: Prepar3D V5 installers instructions
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 02:51:33 pm »
Yes, a good news is the new installer, but the bad news is download speed from your server are very very slow

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 03:06:03 pm »
Yes, a good news is the new installer, but the bad news is download speed from your server are very very slow

We don't have our download server. We host the file on Amazon, which surely is the fastest server out there, and downloads are replicated across the entire Cloudflare network, which spans over 200 servers:

https://www.cloudflare.com/network/

Cloudflare automatically selects the node closest to your location. So, it's not our download speed is slow, because it's extremely fast ( 50 MB/s here ), but it's either a problem on your local Cloudflare node, or POSSIBLY a problem with routing to it caused by your ISP.

marjmithib

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 03:34:21 pm »
I have no problem with my ISP.
I have to wait more than 8h. ???
Thanks for your answer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 05:36:21 pm »
I have no problem with my ISP.

You surely have, otherwise the download would be very fast, as normally is. I checked Cloudflare status, and most of their servers are up:

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

They only reported a problem with some Enterprise accounts, but we don't use those features.

I have to wait more than 8h. ???

Nobody has to wait that much, there's clearly a problem on your side.

As I've said, it's downloading at 50 MB/S here ( I think my download come from either the Zurich node or the Frankfurt node ), so it should be 40 seconds for 2GB, using my 1Gbit/s cable connection. A more common 100Mbit/s connection would then take about 6 minutes.

If you want to be sure the problem is your ISP, you can try using a VPN, like this one:

https://www.hotspotshield.com/

Use the free Basic version. What a VPN does, is bypass your ISP routing, so you'll download as if you were located somewhere else, with a different ISP. A VPN will be a bit slower than a direct connection, but it surely won't be that slow, and you'll know something might be wrong with your ISP routing.

ptysimmer

KFLL Problem when Installed on P3D V5
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2020, 06:32:58 pm »
Clean installation on a Clean new Windows 10 64-bit HDD with NO other simulators installed.
(see attached JPG)

nbl1936

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 01:08:50 am »
If you have Orbx Vector installed, select the CONFIGURE and run the Airport Elevation Correction utility.  That should fix it

Dave Robinette
NBL1936
Dave Robinette
NBL1936
Noble Air Chairman

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 01:29:56 am »
 Vector isn't compatible with P3d V5 and shouldn't be installed.

autobrake

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2020, 12:12:59 pm »
Installing KORD v2 into Prepar3D v5 gives me the following error:

I have no version 2011 installed and an extensive search on my computer gives me no results.

Also the windows addon manager shows no 2011 version to uninstall:
(this is the Prepar3D v4.5 installation)

How can I solve this problem?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:16:55 pm by autobrake »

ptysimmer

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2020, 04:34:51 pm »
If you have Orbx Vector installed, select the CONFIGURE and run the Airport Elevation Correction utility.  That should fix it

Dave Robinette
NBL1936

I dont have Vector or any other ORBX product installed.  The closest scenery I have installed is LatinVFR KMIA V5 which is already P3D V5 compatible.

tod

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2020, 01:54:27 pm »
Hope to get some installation help on two things:

1. I have a clean install of P3DV5. It looks like I have to install GSX first before being able to install other sceneries. However, the GSX default path is C:\Program Files(x86)... There is no window to change this path. How do I change the path to a different directory? If I accept the default path, other sceneries will go to the same location.  <--- Just fixed this. Apparently had an empty folder called Addon Manager that needed to be deleted.

2. I'm having issues with some sceneries like Hawaii V1. Files are corrupted or missing during installation, prompting the Abort, Retry or Cancel options repeatedly. I've downloaded the download files many times, even without Antivirus but same issues. KFLL had the most issues if I recall.

Anyone else experiencing all these update issues? This is the most complicated update so far for me, having successfully upgraded FSDT sceneries since FSX days.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 02:15:55 pm by tod »
Asus P8P67 EVO Mobo B3 Rev
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.6GHZ
2 x 2GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws 6-8-6-24
Asus NVidia GTX 580 - 1538MB
Corsair Professional HX850W PSU
1 Kingston SSDNow 128GB
1TB Seagate HDD
37" SAMSUNG LCD
Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Saitek Pro Flight, Logitech Xtreme

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2020, 12:01:04 pm »
I have no version 2011 installed and an extensive search on my computer gives me no results.

Yes you have. Or HAD, most likely, and didn't remove it correctly ( maybe you removed the scenery and texture folder without removing the Simobject, and haven't used its uninstaller ).

The problem has been already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23359.msg156209.html#msg156209

roli lsmu

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2020, 04:13:05 pm »
Thanks. I have issue with Vancouver installer.
"The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_34.dll was not fount"

Same problem here.
No issues with other FSDT-Installers.

Cheers,
Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2020, 04:50:43 pm »
"The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_34.dll was not fount"

Same problem here.
No issues with other FSDT-Installers.

If you followed the post, the user who reported this fixed it by updating DirectX:

I just installed DirectX package from Microsoft and all good. Thanks for your help.

perohijo

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2020, 06:08:39 pm »
Thanks form all your explanation.
Unlike other developers who state that they have to charge as a new product because is a, and quote" a completely new product" you have  kept your customers loyalty alive specially in these difficult times.
I'm moving to P3DV5 since I have the gear for it. I had several airports installed from Kord to KLAX, but for other reasons I had to reinstall P3DV4, and every time when I uninstalled a FSDT airport, P3D got corrupted. I ended up having to delete P3D manually because when I clicked on the icon it could not find P3D. I know it sounds strange, but it happened twice and only happened every time I was uninstalling FSDT products. I decided to leave the airports alone and only installed GSX.
I'm  only waiting for more addons to be compatible to make the transition. I have been a customer for a long time since FS 2004, so I love the way the sceneries look, although, even with  $4.000 US computer, your KLAX is really hard on frame rates (don't know why) even without Southern California from ORBX installed . I'm really waiting for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but P3DV5 looks really promising.

autobrake

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 10:26:41 am »

Yes you have. Or HAD, most likely, and didn't remove it correctly ( maybe you removed the scenery and texture folder without removing the Simobject, and haven't used its uninstaller ).

The problem has been already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23359.msg156209.html#msg156209

Thanks for your help, Umberto! Problem solved!  :)